14

Evelyn placed her hand in Leo's, gripping on to the dark wooden railing as Leo pulled her up on to the deck of the Black Pearl. Her eyes were glued on the wooden floorboard, watching her footing as she settled herself. Looking up, she met the black sail of the beautiful ship. Drifting forward, she walked further into the center of the Pearl, taking in the space around her, remembering each detail as if it was just yesterday she had been aboard.

"Wow." Charlie's dazed word came out like a breath behind Evelyn. She turned her chin, looking over her shoulder at him. A smile slowly grew on her face as he too, admired the ship from his childhood stories his parents use to tell him. He looking around, dropping his chin to look down at Evelyn, coming to her side. A smile too was adorn on his face as well as he came to her.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Evelyn questioned her son, looking up at the black sails arching against the gentle, ocean breeze.

"Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it." He replied still in a daze.

Evelyn could feel the that bright emotion in his words as he spoke. It made her heart swell being able to share this moment with her children.

"It's crazy to think, you were only a few years older than me when you first came on here." Amelia's sweet voice spoke now beside Evelyn's right side.

"It is indeed." Evelyn found herself nodding. Hands were placed on her shoulders causing her to crane her head back. Henry was there with a warm smile on his copied version of his father's face.

The young boy sighed, a gentle look in his eyes. "I've missed you all so much. Especially you, mama."

Henry's words caused Evelyn to give a small flinch, utter shock bursting through her as well as emotion. It was very rare when Henry would refer to her as 'mama.' Charlie and Amelia always did but Henry had stopped using the name regularly when he had become thirteen, saving it for rare occasions.

Tilting her head back up, she turned around to look at her eldest son. "You did?" She questioned.

Henry furrowed his eyebrows. "Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?"

A little, faint smile appeared on her lips. "I always thought it was your father you mostly missed." She answered truthfully. It wasn't a surprise that Henry naturally gravitated more towards Will, Evelyn always knew that. She knew her son loved her to death, but; Henry and Will always had quite the bond the older Henry got. It was a beautiful treasure she got to watch from afar. It was a beautiful sight to see when Henry was around Will, a wonderful father-son bond they shared. Will has always been close with his children, as have she.

Charlie and Amelia, however, were a different story.

Charlie loved both Evelyn and Will without a doubt, but, Charlie was always more fond of Evelyn. He naturally gravitated more towards her, forming a close bond with his mother. Evelyn knew Charlie loved and looked up to his father but a small part of him always leaned more Evelyn's direction.

Amelia's love was always equal. The youngest child loved her parents equally, forming special bonds between the both of them. Yet, she couldn't help but be the slight bit closer towards Evelyn. Their bond was much like the bond Evelyn shared with her once servant-now mother, the original Amelia. The secrets and words they shared always reminded Evelyn of the bond she shared with her mother.

Henry's smiled faltered slightly, a small pang of guilt in his chocolate colored eyes. "I do but your my mother, so you win but this much." He held his index finger and thumb just slightly apart.

Evelyn's smile grew. She looked between her children, heart bursting with emotions. Her hands gently caressing each of her children's cheeks. "I'm so happy. To have the three of you in my life." The words came out breathlessly.