08

"This is a waste of time." Evelyn huffed irritably, arms crossed over her chest. Her hip brushed against Will as she leaned all her weight on her left leg. For hours they had been standing around Jack, looking through Carina's empty diary. Hours of Jack flipping through the pages forward and backward. Carina tried telling Jack he wouldn't find it there but the pirate wouldn't listen to her.

"Well then what do you suggest we do?" Jack lightly snapped back, staring at the blank sheets of paper from the diary in his hand. The small crew around the three shared looks with each other. The helm was where they all stood as they still tried to look for the map within Carina's diary.

"Let my son and his friend go so that they can help us understand where the map is and how to read it." Evelyn replied casually, trying to talk some sense into him.

"No. They are my prisoners—"

"One who which helped you escape from your fated death!"

"No. My ship, my rules." Jack whipped around to face Evelyn.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are acting like such a child." Evelyn fired back. She was frustrated beyond belief at this point. Her cheeks burned because of this. The crew around them hollered at Evelyn's burn. She rolled her eyes, scoffing in annoyance, walking past Will. It was no surprise to hear foot steps thumping behind her, meaning that Will was walking after her.

"Don't let him bother you, this is will all be over soon enough." His voice came out soft and calming.

Evelyn stopped her walking, snapping around to look at her husband. "Will it? Weeks we have been gone from home and away from our other children," she gestured towards the mast where Henry was still kept, "our son is tied up and being referred too as a prisoner," her hand moved towards where Jack stood, "Jack has been drunk the entire time since we've found him, and we have a map that we can't read." She stared up at him, her eyes hard.

Will's brows furrowed at her words and tone. They slowly relaxed as he shut his eyes, letting a sigh out through his nose. "Look, I know this hasn't been easy but we have to try. We're going to do this together." His hand found her balled up fist, wove his fingers to loosen her's, holding her small hand. "We work better together, right?" His words came out softer this time, eyes pouring into her's.

She stared at him for a long minute. She could see the gentle look in his face, seeing that he knew everything was going to be alright. A sigh passed her lips, feeling herself relax and loosen her tight muscles. "You're right. I'm sorry." Her gaze dropped.

"Don't be." He shook his head, tilting her chin up. Taking a step forward, he pressed a kiss to her forehead, looking down at her, brushing his nose between her eyebrows. "I love you." He breathed out, standing chest to chest with her.

A small smile found its way back to her lips. "I love you too." She squeezes his hand and they continued to walk over to their son. "You know, you out of all people should be as stressed as I am. Not the other way around." She pointed out teasingly.

"Well I have a gut feeling that everything will turn out okay in the end. I don't need to be stressed because of it. Consider it like I'm taking a page out of your book." Will explained, the corner of his mouth raising.

"You not getting worked up about something? Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" She grinned up him. Will really was Evelyn's rock, just as she was his. No matter what, they were always there to lift each other back up.

Will scoffed amusingly. "You getting worked up about something? Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" He raised a suggestive eyebrow. Evelyn's shoulders loosen as she giggled, looking away from Will.