04

There they stood.

Rain poured down on Evelyn, Henry, and Will.

As if breaking his trance of shock, Henry blinked, eyes settling on Evelyn. "Mother." Henry breathed out once more, falling forward into a walk, his arms opening down towards Evelyn.

Words did not even begin to describe the way Evelyn was feeling. Tears burned in her eyes as her title slipped past his lips like a prayer. It had been weeks since she had heard from or even seen her eldest son. She couldn't believe he was standing there before her eyes. Without any hesitation, she rushed through the rain and collided into her son's arms, holding him as close as possible.

He was here.

He was alive.

He was safe.

"Henry." She laughed as she cried, cradling the back of his head. Turning her head, she pressed motherly kisses to his soaked cheek. "I'm so happy that you are alright. We were so worried about you." She stiffed, slowly pulling back, hands sliding down into his.

Henry gave a soft smile, squeezing her hands comfortingly. "It's alright, mother, I'm alright." He bent down and pressed a kiss to her forehead. As he pull away, his eyes traveled past her. His face dropped but his eyes glowed. Suddenly a smile replaced the frown. "Father." He breathed out, giving Evelyn one last glance before he pulled away, walking over to where Will silently stood.

Evelyn turned on her heels, covering her mouth and tears grew in her eyes. A wobbly smile worked it ways on to her face, taking into the sight before her. She watched as her son and her husband collide into a big hug. She could see the relief wash over Will had he held his son, knowing he was in his arms safe and sound.

They pulled away, turning to look at her, both have an arm around each other. Evelyn wiped her eyes from the tears, now mixed the with rain that still poured.

"Don't cry, mother. You'll make me cry." Henry gave a smile chuckle, sharing a grin with his father.

"I can't help it. I'm already an emotional person as it is but I'm just so happy to see you." She walked up to the two, seeing Will holding a hand out to her out of the corner of her eye. Taking his hand, they stood under the cover of the building beside them. All three of them were soaked to the bone. "I can't believe you're here. What happened? How did you get here?" She questioned.

"Well," Henry looked between his parents, hesitant with on what to say. "You know how I had found another position to continue sailing, searching the ocean?" Evelyn glanced at Will, both nodding. "We in danger. I tried to warn them. We were heading straight into the Devil's Triangle, a cursed area where no ship makes it out. I tried, I tried to fight them, save them. But the called me a coward and a traitor and threw me into the brig. We sailed in and we were attacked. But it wasn't by what you think we would be attacked by." Henry hesitated, his chocolate eyes flickered between the two.  "They were ghosts."

Evelyn felt her skin crawl with a chill. Ghosts? Out of all things, she didn't expect him to say that. Yet, she still wasn't surprised by it. Ghost were the least weird of supernatural she had ever encountered in her life.

"Then what happened?" Will slowly questioned, a hand slowly sliding up to rest on Evelyn's shoulder.

"They killed them all. Except for me. The captain was a man who knew Jack, years ago. After that, I woke up here. I was nearly arrested for treason but was able to escape." Henry started to answer. His words nearly knocked the wind out of her lungs, slamming into her gut. The idea that Henry could have been one of those men would have ended her.