26

The long, light-hearted dinner had finally finished. Barbossa and Leo had said their goodnight to the Adams and the Turners, Carina staying behind to spend time with Henry and the others. Barbossa was hesitant about letting his recently discovered daughter walk alone, but she ensured him that she could handle herself. With them gone and the others in the living room, Will and Evelyn were finally able to creep away from them, wandering out the back door through the kitchen to the backyard. The man held the door open for his wife, causing her to shyly mumble her gratitude to him. Both of them went from the light into the moon and star lit darkness, sucking them both in as the door closed behind them.

It truly was a beautiful night. Stars dazzled the black sky, all while circling around the fully moon. It was perfect: not too hot and not too humid, just right.

"I miss a good, home-cooked meal." Will finally spoke, offering his wife his arms, leading her down the brick porch steps. Their feet touched the white pebble pathway, turning right to start walking along its wide, circular trail.

A hum and a smile came from Evelyn as she thought over their delicious meal of roasted chicken with cooked vegetables and roasted potatoes. A meal she's had many times throughout her life but still loved it each time. "I agree, it was wonderful. Even more so with everyone to dine with us." She tightened her grip on his arm, feeling slight bit of exhaustion settle in her eyes. Evelyn already knew she was going to sleep very hard and very long this evening.

And she was ready for it.

"I agree." Will responded, glancing at the door along the large white fence. "It seems Barbossa has changed since we last saw him." He added.

Evelyn nodded, a small sigh coming from her. "People tend to have a change at heart when ever they are faced with children. Some for better and some for worse. I think realizing that he has something meaningful in his life now makes him want to be a better person."

"Very true but I will admit, it was very strange seeing him be polite and using manners." Will spoke, turning his head slightly to look at Evelyn.

"Oh yes, that was very strange, I agree." She paused as they turned around the circle to walk under the vine, arches that circle around the gazebo. It caused their lighting to dim significantly but they could walk with no problem. "I think Leo and Barbossa are going to become quite a close pair of friends." Evelyn chuckled.

A chuckle came from Will as well. "I agree entirely. I was thinking about that during supper." Will's small bit of laughter died down yet lightness still remained in his eyes. "And about a trip to Paris as well."

Heat and pink began to rise up into Evelyn's cheeks at his words. "You spoke to me about that, rather in an inappropriate way, William Turner." She playfully scolded him, giving him a teasing glare.

Will smirked down at his wife, clearly not ashamed of what he did at all. "I know." His sinister expression melted into a smile though. "I was also thinking about it even after I mentioned it to you." His free hand found hers gripping his forearm. "I think we should go soon, just the two of us. We've never been away on a trip together that didn't consist of piracy."

Evelyn thought about it for a moment. She knew he was right. They never had gone on a trip together romantically just the two of them. The children are at a mature enough age, they wouldn't miss anything important. They did deserve a special trip together, after all these years.

"Okay." Evelyn breathed out. "We can go but on one condition." She held up a finger, turning her head to fully look at him.

"Anything, love." He nodded.

"We wait until everyone, including your father, is situated here. That way you and I have enough time to rest up after our long journey we just took." Evelyn paused, a grin growing on her face as they stepped back out into the moonlight. "Do we have an accord?" She poke, amusement sparkling her her eyes.