17

Will cradled Evelyn against his chest, holding the back of her head and her back. He kept his lips close to her ear, whispering comforting words to her.

It didn't nothing of the sort to comfort her. She felt as if her heart has just been ripped out of her chest.

Tears lightly coated her cheeks, she couldn't believe the ghostly captain stole her son from her.

"Evelyn!" Carina called, rushing over to her side. "Henry! They took Henry!" She called, her feet coming to a sharp stop just before Will. Evelyn didn't look up but she could feel Will nodding to the girl that stood before them.

"The Trident be all that can save him now." Captain Barbossa spoke, coming up to the devastated mother and father.

"Then we have to find it." Carina spoke to the captain before moving to walk towards the front of the ship.

"Mama!" Amelia called, running over to her parents.

Evelyn instantly pulled back, moving away from Will to embrace her daughter and other son rushing into her arms. She let out a small sob, death gripping her children against her shaking body. "Oh thank god, thank god." She cried in relief over the safety of her other children.

She looked to Leo, noticing the fallen features on his face. He looked to Will holding his shoulder in an effort to comfort him.

Moving her attention, Evelyn noticed the crew standing up off the ground and walking over to the side of the ship. She sniffled, turning her head in the direction where the crew looked. The sight before her caused her to slowly lose her grip of her children. They joined in the staring to look on the land the Black Pearl now rested on.

With the sun rising over the island, its rays hit the rocks. On the rocks were thousands of crystals, glittering to look like a starry night sky.

"Evelyn!" Carina rushed over to her.

Evelyn turned her head, her tears now gone. "What is it, Carina?" She asked softly.

The brunette halted in front of the woman, taking her hand in hers. "The island. This is The Map No Man Can Read. This island is a perfect reflection of the heavens. " She panted, flashing the cover of her diary to her. Evelyn squinted her eyes, studying the leather cover, turning her head to look at the island. She noticed bright red glows in the position like it was on Carina's diary. Her eyes squinted in confusion, noticing something off about the island. "It's missing a star." The girl added, noticing the look Evelyn expressed.

Evelyn met Carina's gaze, blinking to Will. He looked to his wife, walking up to her side. "We have to find the Trident to save Henry." He spoke, rubbing a soothing hand on her back.

"And free your father." She spoke, a small rasp in her voice.

"Quickly then." Amelia spoke, nodding between her parents.

"You two are to stay here." Evelyn spoke, walking out of Will's touch. Her heart still ached over the safety of her son's life. Her eyes hopped between the two. "You both stay here with Leo. I can't afford to lose another child of mine." Evelyn's voice cracked, eyes burning with tears.

Charlie and Amelia looked at each other, slowly looking to their mother softly. "Alright, we'll stay here." Charlie nodded, wrapping an arm around his sister's shoulders.

"We promise." Amelia agreed, reassuring her mother.

Leo stepped up to Evelyn's other side, taking her hand into his. "I promise to watch over them and make sure they stay aboard." He spoke softly, near her ear. Evelyn turned her head to look at him, blinking away her tears and nodding. She let out a sigh through her nose, leaning against Leo a bit as he pressed a soft, comforting kiss to her temple. "Go save your son." He whispered.