Chapter 10: The Aftermath

Tommy's POV:

"Tommy! Tommy, breathe"

The voice was soothing, soft. It was strangely comforting. I focused on it rather than my collapsing lungs. I tried to slow my breathing to match the voice's.

I tried my best but my breathing wouldn't slow down, which only made me panic more. My vision started fading, black spots getting larger and larger. Right as I felt like I would pass out, the voice spoke again.

"TOMMY? Tommy, Tommy listen to me okay? Tommy can you tell me 5 things you can see?" The voice spoke, still soft and somewhat calm.

I nodded to the voice and tried to peek past the black spots that littered my vision. I blinked my eyes desperately to try and scare them away. A pink blob appeared for a split second "I-.... I see something pink" I muttered.

"That's good, keep going Tommy" the voice pushed on. "I see a jacket"

My breathing slowly started to calm down as I searched for more things to tell the voice. "I see a red blanket, I see a candle" I mustered. My breathing started slowing down and the black spots started fading making my job much easier.

"I see a chest" I said finally. My chest stopped feeling like it would collapse, which was a relief. I turned to face the voice that sat behind me, a proud smile spread across my face.

The voice looked back at me with it's beautiful red eyes. They glistered like polished rubies, sparking in the candlelight. "Good job Tommy", it smiled at me.

It has been a week since they brought me back to Pogtopia. Phil left 4 days ago, saying his goodbyes and flying into the clouds above us.

I wouldn't say I've recovered. To tell the truth I've actually gotten much worse. I would have an anxiety attack at the mere mention of... it. I hated being back, it was nothing but hell.

We would go mining for hours just to gain a few resources. We would come back to this shithole exhausted and aching everywhere. Techno still trained me and Wilbur, pushing harder and harder each day. He tried to be gentle with me but you can only do so much.

I learned to make my emotions and mind numb during combat, just to save myself from having a panic attack during a battle. But on occasions like these, I would snap back into reality for a few minutes and the fighting only reminded me of it.

I barely get sleep these days. I had nightmares almost all the time now and I chose not sleep at all. I would slip out of my room after my brothers went into their own and would either train, punching out my feelings, or go out for a walk outside. I'll sleep when I'm dead. I did not need reminding of happened, and what will happen...

No. I can't give up hope on L'Manberg. It is my home and I have given to much away just to let it die. I was becoming more and more determined to get it back, to get it back so that me, and everyone else, can finally live in peace. We could finally put war and pain behind us. Who knows, maybe I'll be president as well...

Back to where we are now, I slumped onto Techno's chest. Wilbur was next to me, his hand placed on my shoulder. His hands were rapped in bandages and he wore a plain white shirt with some jeans. He looked worried, an emotion he didn't express very often.