Chapter 4: Journey to the Unknown

Narrative POV

As the golden county grew smaller and faded into the horizon, two boys raced through the oak woods, monsters being awoken by the moonlight surrounded them. Tubbo was wide awake and shooting any threatening monsters that would creep closer and Tommy clung to Henry's leash and prayed that he wasn't hurting him too much by almost dragging him to their speed.

They kept up this pace for a long time but as the night grew longer and colder, and the woods changed into mountains that shrunk into streams, their galloping slowed significantly.

By the time they crossed a shallow lake into yet another, but different type of forest, Tubbo was fast asleep on Tommy's back. His face was pressed against the taller one's back, his arms around Tommy's waist to keep him from falling off, a soft snore escaping from his mouth.

Tommy, however, pushed on in the night sky.

*         *        *        *         *

Tommy's Pov

My head was throbbing and my throat was dry, but still I did not dare stop. We had to get as far away as possible before I could feel safe.

We have crossed a lot of ground in one night, at least 5000 blocks is my guess.

Tubbo has fallen asleep on my back after protecting us for a solid 2-3 hours, Henry refused to move fast and rightfully so after basically being dragged around his neck the whole time, the horse was already dead. I didn't think they felt anything. And me?

I was tired as well but tried my best to stifle my yawns and push forward. I had to pull out my crossbow a few times when a zombie or two came to close for me to enjoy and I pierced their heads with my specially painted red and white feathered arrows. I really liked them. They were like my signature on the battlefield.

In all the time I moved on I couldn't help but wonder what I have done.

I left. I left one of the two homes I knew. That country and my discs was my everything. My life. I had put so many tears and sweat and blood into them and I just...left. But somehow it all felt okay.

It felt as though this was right. I have been pushed and used and beaten to the ground. I didn't want to stand up after this. I wanted to start a new life. I wanted a new home and one of the most important things; a friendly face to share all my problems with. I wanted a break. I want this.

With my head that kept nodding off but snapping back, I pushed on with Henry and the insensate horse. By dawn we were no where near our home and the Land was completely unknown.

As the sky started to turn pink we crossed a tulip field. There was a beehive nearby and bees happily started their day in the sea of colours. It was a beautiful sight. Unfortunately for him, Tubbo was still out cold behind me.

The sky grew into a faded blue, clouds sprinkled across it. By then the snoring hoodie behind me started to wake up. He mumbled a few inaudible words and woke up slowly, but when he did, he acted like he just had a hit of something that a college student dreamed of.

"Good morning Tommy" he smiled stretching his back. It can't be good for him to have slept like that and I imagine his back being quite sore after it.