Chapter 7: Home Home

Tommy's VOD:

"TUBBO COME BACK"

I yelled at my best friend as he sprinted away with my Cow Plushie. For someone with short legs he was surprisingly fast, but I still caught up to him easily. To be raised with Techno and Wilbur really had some advantages.

We sprinted across the field, laughing hard enough for my stomach start to hurting. I had to stop multiple times to catch my breath and Tubbo would only do the same when he had a far enough advantage.

After running after each other and tripping on sudden rocks for some time, we chased each other tiredly to our favorite spot in the field. It was near the base of the mountain and the edge of the forest. The biggest Willow tree I've ever seen stood there, it's leaves flowing around its trunk like a curtain. It made me think of a fountain, but instead of water it had lush, emerald blades spewing from the top, flowing down its levels until it reached the bottom. A small stream that leaked out the mountain trickled gently against the stone behind the waterfall of leaves. The ground was littered with some mossy stones and a few troops of small, brown mushrooms. The tree had branches that were easy to climb and we discovered a spot that was perfect for sitting.

(Today I learned that the collective noun for mushrooms is a Troop and I don't know why but it just made me really happy. Probably because I imagined them as a small army)

When we arrived there, a few golden sun rays leaked through the orange leaves, birds were singing their Autumn tunes and squirrels hunted down acorns. The air was crisp and cool, the night creeping towards us faster as the days went on. Winter is nearly here and the majority of forest's oak and birch trees were already bare, but the plants here in our sanctuary refused to die.

Tubbo attempted to race up the tree but failed miserably, landing with his back on the grass and wheezing an 'oof'.

After I stopped laughing I snatched my plushie away from him, shoved it in my backpack and helped him up. He was wearing his normal olive-green button-up shirt, some jeans and a red bandana that I gave him. The air was chilly but not cold enough for the need of jackets, we were both hot from sprinting all the way here.

I started climbing the tree with ease and came to sit at our spot. Tubbo soon joined me and we stared at the leaves slowly swaying and listened to the birds happily chirping.

Tubbo leaned his head on me and I closed my eyes. Neither of us has had this much fun or peace in a very long time. I breathed in the fresh, crisp air that made my throat start to ache and exhaled deeply, setting all the air in my lungs free.

I missed our home, but part of me never wants to leave. Out here we can be ourselves, only worry about our boredom, and didn't expect anything big from each other. I enjoyed it here and I felt as though I belong.

Back home, everyone expected things from me. I was the son of Philza Minecraft and the Brother of Technoblade and Wilbur Soot. Everyone in my family is well known all around the world for their talents, and being the youngest of them all meant to live up to everyone else expectations.

Everyone also expects me to return to Manberg and take it back. No one has ever said it to my face but I know they're thinking it. I need to be the hero that saves everyone. I need to be strong and lead an entire nation. I need to put everyone and everything they need above my own basic needs. And if those expectations were not fulfilled I would be seen as selfish and cruel.