Chapter 5: The tales of Tnret

Tommy POV

Even though it's late Autumn, sweat dripped off my forehead.

A few days ago we made our makeshift dirt shack and shoved our backpack's belongings into a large chest.

After that Tubbo sent me out into the mountain to gather ores and cobblestone while he gathered wood and other items to make our new home.

After what I guessed was a few days in caves exploring and fighting off monsters, I collected five stacks of iron and other ores and even managed to snag a few diamonds.

I stumbled out of the mouth of the cave in the mountain, exhausted after barely getting any sleep in the caves. The sun hovered a couple of feet above the ocean, it's light slowly starting to fade. As I limped down the hill I noticed that our shack had transformed into something completely different.

A large, white tent has replaced the it. A few meters away from it was a wooden, fort-like structure with a bunch of chests inside. When I reached the tent I peered inside.

It was much larger than I anticipated. The floor was made of oak bark and there were two beds (one red, one yellow) pushed against the walls of the tent. At the foot of the yellow bed was an enderchest and at the foot of the red bed was a normal chest. There was a picture of the Queen of England taped above the enderchest. (bless her soul) The tent had a lantern that hung from the roof.

At the other side of tent, the opening revealed Tubbo sitting outside the grass next to a jukebox, a campfire cracking in front of him. He was staring out at the ocean, dolphins jumping in front of the setting sun. What Disney shit is this? I thought. I walked up to him and said a simple "Hey Tubbo"

Of course I scared the life out of him because he whipped his head around at unholy speed, yelling and making waving movements with his arms.

When he realized it was just me I was laughing so hard I was on the floor and he angrily shoved me.

I managed stop after a few minutes and I went to sit next to him. Tubbo continued looking into the distance but said with a smile; "You scared me"

I rolled my eyes. It was quite clear that I did. We sat in silence looking as the sun started to drown in the water, taking daylight with it. When I broke the silence the sun was halfway gone.

"I like what you've done with the place" I mumbled, desperate to make the quietness end.

"Thanks, how much iron did you manage mine?" He asked, turning to me.

"A few stacks. I found a few diamonds too" I replied. Whenever Tubbo looked at the horizon for a long time I knew there was something on his mind. It's something that I picked up of my best friend.

"What's wrong" I asked. Tubbo looked at me like I'm an alien, but in the end he sighed with a smile and said; "This isn't permanent is it?" He asked, his face turning blank again.

I looked at him and wondered about his question. I liked it out here. The peace was wonderful. No war, no responsibilities to nations, no people wanting to control you and no big expectations.

But alas, I already I missed my home. I missed my other friends, I missed my house, I missed my brothers.

"No. This is like a vacation. We will go back, but not now. " I told him. "Not yet"
I noticed a small exhale escaping from him.