Chapter 3: Memories and Misery

As I walked amongst the walls of our cave of a house I stuffed objects into my bag. I peeked in the chest and Grabbed a stack of potatoes, as well as some Iron. The stairs guided me up and I dug out the hole and covered it up again.

Questions drifted through my head. Would anyone notice my absence? Would anyone care about it? Would they be glad that I left?

Questions that would not be answered so I just shrugged them aside. I dug out my stolen skeleton horse, strapped my bag on its side and climbed on it. As I galloped across the grassy woods towards where Henry was being kept I thought about what I was leaving behind.

L'Manberg, My creations, My home, My memories, My friends, My family. I was going to leave it all behind, after so much that I sacrificed for it. I- I had a life here, I can't just leave it behind can I?

Yes.
Yes, I can.

Because with all named objects above came pain. I nearly died for L'Manberg several times, My creations no one liked and just tore down, My memories also consist of agony as well as joy, One of my best friends turned out to be a traitor and the rest regularly tell me that they regret being my friend, My family makes fun of me and never respect me. They have high hopes and push at my limits.

I remembered all that I've done and all I've lost and in the end, it just doesn't seem worth it for a Nation that is already gone, as quoted by my brother and leader; Wilbur Soot.

As I made it to Henry I put him on a leash and guided him next to my horse. We rode off the the border of the kingdom, where we would meet Tubbo.

*              *             *             *              *
Tubbo's Pov:

They weren't crazy, right?

It's not wrong or insane for them wanting to run away right? Is it normal for two 15 year olds to feel this way? Wanting to run away?

Well it's not normal for people their age to have felt all that pain. I have been through so much.

I have taken part of a war for the country I call home, I have seen my best friend die and by some miracle come back, And when we finally had our country, we wanted to prove our power over it. Grave mistake. I've watched my best friend and my leader get banished by a power-driven alcoholic who made it my job to hunt them down and do all the work he was to lazy to do himself. I've seen so much pain and destruction, and with most of them I could do nothing.

I closed the chest in my bunker and walked up the flight of claret stairs until I breeched the sunlight of Manberg. As I walked past my the country I was once so proud of, I received a few flashbacks. Me making drugs in the Camar-Van, Wilbur writing the Book of Independance,
Tommy dueling Dream, Fundy burning down the flag...

I raided Tommy's house for some last supplies that I stuffed into my Bee-Themed Bag. I caught a glance at the bench.

I went to stood by it and look out to the soon-to-set sun. This was what I was leaving behind, pain and pleasure. But there is always a second chance, our second chance was the opportunity to start a new life. Our second chance would be a bittersweet one, but a chance nonetheless.

I went to meet Tommy at the border, Him on a Skeleton horse that I'm pretty sure he stole from someone and Henry who was happily eating grass at his side.

"Hey Big T" Tommy said, giving me a faint smile. I greeted him back and held out a dark green hoodie that matched the one I was wearing. He pulled it on and then gave me nod of gratitude.

I glanced at him and then at the kingdom behind me. I asked a question that hung in the air for a few minutes: "Are we really doing this?"

We both looked at the sun, taking in the sunset, that seemed to let Manberg glow a golden yellow. We turned to face each other and with a nod we made our final decision.

As we rode to the rising moon I stared at the golden country behind us, watching as it shrunk until all disappeared.

After a few hours, I exhaustedly buried my face in Tommy's back and my conciseness slipped between my fingers.

*          *           *          *          *
I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and I want to thank the few of you who actually read this. I will be writing the Sleepy bois Inc. as a family, Tubbo being a friend of theirs. Feel free to comment and correct me if I was mistaken (English is actually not my first language ._.)

Words: 810, probably