Chapter 12: A Red Festival

Tommy's POV:

I didn't think much about the festival.

It was just an event that Tubbo was running and he seemed to enjoy it. Apparently it was Schlatt's way of celebrating Democracy and the return of Tubbo. I knew it was really just a way for him to get drunk without anyone judging him.

I want to go. I haven't been to any parties since... I can't even remember. I wanted to at least see it and try to catch some of the conversation. I just wanted to see how it would go. I was still curious of it though so I decided to talk to Wilbur and Techno about it. I still hate them but unfortunately, the more I ignore them the more I miss them.

The only other time I needed them was when Sapnap killed Henry and I got myself caught up in a small war because I was blinded by rage. Techno came to help me and we resolved the issue.

I gave Techno a small thanks and he ruffled my hair in return. I would be lying if I told you I didn't lean into his touch. I missed his small bits of affection.

I smoothly came up to them and asked them if they knew about the matter. "Uhhhh hey guys. Do you know about the festival?"

Techno didn't look up from sharping his sword, scraping the stone against its amethyst surface. Wilbur was pacing the room, eyes far away.

"Yeah, who doesn't at this point. I don't see the big deal about it" Techno spoke, sparks flying. Wilbur stopped pacing and slouched against the wall, hands in his hair.

"C-can we go?" I asked. Techno looked up and studied me with a confused look. He sheathed his sword and sighed.

"First of all, I want a reason why and secondly, I don't think your invited" Techno lectured me.

"I just want to go see how it will be, Tubbo is really excited for it" I muttered sheepishly. I stared at the ground, scared to meet the ruby eyes. It was a stupid question. Why should I want to go? No one wants me there. I should apologi-

"Fine Tommy" I looked up to see Techno sigh and smile at me. "But it's not my fault if you get killed"

I tried to hide my excitement but a massive grin managed to slip past my lips.

*            *             *             *             *
Wilbur's POV:

This is the perfect opportunity to blow Manberg to ashes.

I groaned as I sat down, hands plucking at my hair. My brothers were saying things but the words just went through my skull.

There was a war going inside me, two sides of myself which crashed against each other. I've heard people call it a battle of two wolves, I guess that could be accurate. All I knew is that it hurt.

Part of me wanted to Blow up L'Manberg so badly. It was ruled by dictators, me being one of them. I held an election with only my party in it for fuck's sake! It is now just a shell of what I fought for, it became the very thing we were against. I could erase all my mistakes with one simple press of a button. I could erase L'Manberg, I could erase the biggest mistake of my life.

I could be free from guilt.

The other part of me, the other wolf if you may, wanted to save L'Manberg. I worked so hard to get it and I'm working hard to get it back now, well kind of. I could create a safe place again. It might not be what I wanted it to be but it would be enough. I could be at peace again and I could be free. I could save it for my little brother, who needed it dearly.