Chapter 18.- " A home without you"

"I know there's nothing I can do to change it

But is it something that can be negotiated?

My heart's already breaking baby, go on...just twist the knife..."

3 years before (FINN POV)

"Thanks for being here".

Those were my mother's first words when she saw me arrive at the hospital, she had been insisting a lot for me to visit my father, I hadn't talked to him much since I moved in with Millie, I hadn't really spoken to anyone in my family, I think I was excited about the idea of ​​my new life, part of me wanted to shed a bit of everything from the past, there was nothing for me in that place and the thought includes my mother and Noah, they don't need me, I guess they never did.

I let myself be enveloped by my new reality, my new home, for the first time things begin to improve, for the first time I feel that I can be free, for the first time I want to try to be better, Millie fills me with strength, without her I don't know what I would do... It's like something has blinded me keeping me imprisoned in this place, not being able to escape, without having the courage to ask for help ... but she showed me the light like no other person had been able to do it ... Fuck, I've even come to think that all that fate shit that she believes in is real, it's as if she was destined for me, otherwise I don't know why someone like her would come into the life of someone like me ... first she gave me the courage to leave that house and now I'm about to leave the company, I don't have to live the life that my father planned for me, he already ruined my past and part of my present, I won't let him ruin my future too ... our future.

"I just don't understand why he wants to see me, if he wants to talk about something about the company he could call me or something like that, he just wants a way of feeling that he can still impose his fucking authority on us".

I didn't want to be rude to my mom but the fact that after everything that happened she continued to worry so much about my father didn't help our already fractured relationship much, I didn't even wait for a response from her, I let out a frustrated sigh and I headed to his room, the faster this started, the faster it could finish.

"Room 32, room 32". I kept repeating in my mind as I slid down the white corridors, I couldn't help but feel that discomfort in my stomach ... Damn, I hated that he still had that effect on me, after almost 2 months without seeing him and even now that he is sick and weak, Again I am reduced to a fearful 8 year old just thinking that I will be in front of him.

I knew his health was serious but I never wanted to inquire further about the subject, I don't care and I don't feel any remorse when I say it ... I'm a son of a bitch? ... yes, I am ... but that's thanks to him, so he would have no right to complain.

For my fortune or misfortune, the girl I love is a beautiful and compassionate soul and it is because of her that I am here today. Millie has been close to my mother all this time and after rejecting his request for so long, she finally convinced me.

"I know your father doesn't deserve anything from you, but at least do it for your mother do it for me, he can't hurt you anymore baby, use this opportunity as some kind of closure ... do it for yourself..."

Those were his words and the reason why right now I am about to walk through the door of his room. "Fuck, stop shaking..." . I scolded myself internally, as I inhaled deeply and assumed a carefree and confident posture. "Just do it and go." I thought seconds before opening the door and finding him staring at me... like he was waiting for me.