Chapter 7.- "Don't call me baby"

"And I could live, I could die

hanging on the words you say

and I've been known to give my all

and jumping in harder than

ten thousand rocks on the lake..."

Darkness ... that was all that Finn saw as he plunged deeper and deeper into that deep pool of water, he could feel the fatigue in his arms and legs, he could feel his muscles burning from the effort he was doing, but it didn't matter when he kicked and fight, he fails to rise to the surface.

The air is running out ... Why nobody saves him?

Finn screams as he watches the bubbles fill the water, bubbles created with the last trace of his breath, his last gasp of air before his lungs empty and start to ache... it's his end, he's sure.

But there is a figure out of the water, he can see her reflection, even through the water he can see her hair moving with the wind and her hazel eyes, waiting for him.

"Millie ... help me". His body fills with relief when she throws a rope to help him out, he takes it starting to rise, he knows he does not have much time but now it does not matter, in a few seconds he will be with her, she will make him feel better...

Finn thought it was the end of that hell, but moments before he reached the surface a cold hand grabbed his ankle.

"You will not go anywhere ... you will stay with me in the dark, son..."

"Dad? ... no! ... let go of me, Millie is waiting for me".

"You sent me here ... so you must stay with me..." Eric's voice pierced Finn's brain, as he watched as Millie was still waiting for him, saw her confused face, heard her sweet voice.

"Baby? ... why don't you want to come with me? ... why don't you want me to save you? ..."

"Millie ... I can't go out ... I"

"Why do you prefer the dark and not me?".

"Millie no ... noo ...". Finn struggled to free himself from his father's strong hold.

"Would you rather that I go ... that I go forever?"

"Millie nooo .. !!!"

"NOOO !!".  Finn woke up agitated, his body full of sweat, as he looked in all directions, he was in his study, he had fallen asleep working, that happened more and more often, especially since he had to sneak out to talk to Gaten about some topics of the company that couldn't let Millie listen or else she would find out about his bet with Marcus.

Fortunately, Millie seemed to be taking his distancing a little better than on previous occasions, he supposed it was because she was also extremely busy with her event and as he recalled in one of their quick morning talks she told him that she had also started going to therapy with that weird doctor named David.

For whatever reason Finn was grateful that she was busy enough not to feel his absence ... again Finn underestimated the love that Millie felt for him.

..................................................................

"Morning, sweatheart". Sarah's sweet voice was the first thing Millie heard when she entered the kitchen.

"Hello Sarah". Millie said giving the best smile she had even knowing that it was impossible to fool her.

"You look sad... is it because Finn didn't have breakfast with you again?"