Chapter 33.- "If you were mine"

"When I'm watching how you glow in the light

I think it's a sign that I should run a mile from you

I'm scared to try with you, In case we find things we don't want to

'Cause if you were mine there might be a chance we end up nowhere

I wish I could know, which way this was going to go

Could somebody tell me am I better alone?

'Cause I'd rather run a mile from you

Than start a fire with you

And burn out trying to keep it alive

Could we rewind and start again?"

Song: If you were mine by Joe Dolman

Author's POV

Finn and Millie returned to the elegant area where their seats were located, for the moment they were alone, Noah offered to help clean up the mess as he didn't want the poor stewardess to have to deal alone with the consequences of the dramatic scene starring her strange passengers.... and well.... he also wanted to give Finn and Millie a little privacy after their intense moment of connection.

What Noah didn't know is that once the emotion passed, a haze of discomfort fell back on his brother and the confused girl ...

Let's be honest, obviously there was something there but many times the emotion of the moment drives many of our actions, some call it reflexes, some call it survival instinct, but once calm returns, reality also returns and the reality was that all of them were living in a lie ... Millie involuntarily, while the pair of brothers did it consciously, with the sole objective of helping her.

"Shit".

Finn mutters when he feels the burning caused by the antiseptic falling on his wound, from the moment they left the disaster area Finn went to the bathroom wiped the blood off his chest and took some things from the airplane medicine cabinet to disinfect his hand, luckily he didn't need stitches, a tight bandage would suffice for now.

Millie's eyes watched him from her seat, it seems that several times she was about to say something but she was holding back, Finn noticed her shyness and was making an enormous effort not to smile at the image, Millie's appearance was that of a girl on the first day of school looking for the courage to ask the teacher a question ...

"Eleonor ... You don't have to hold back just because your English is not perfect, you have made it more than clear that this embarrasses you but you don't have to feel that way".

She seems surprised for a moment that he can be so perceptive, that even though he has just met her sometimes it seemed that he could read her mind.

She came out of her thoughts and Finn was still looking at her with a raised eyebrow, still expectant ... she quickly recovered herself, returning to her upright posture, now that the emotional moment had passed, the wall of pride and dignity had once again risen around her. .

"I hate ... speaking slow ... it's hard to find... the words and ... I'm not used to that ..."

"Aren't you used to speaking slowly?". Finn said narrowing his eyes, in a questioning gesture.

"No ... I'm not used to showing ... vulnerability ... weakness or ... flaws ... and that's exactly.. what I've done this time ...".

"Listen El, you can relax ... no one expects that you ...".