fantasy : 22

Nova .

.. his dad too ?! now i gotta be dreaming. i was my dads one and only. g-mama for real back there tripping and no disrespect but she better pull that shit together real quick . i signed aloud, i was getting defensive, but how could i not ? as all these things ran through my head slow tears fell. this was all too much for me especially all in once . almost half of the precession had been seated but the other half continued to view the body and take there seat .

i figured to keep myself content for the funeral i would just ignore gmamas comment. i had finally tuned back into real life and everybody had been seated and the doors had closed. the music began as they shut the casket . i began sobbing into my uncle Kys shoulder.

"good morning everyone, and i do say GOOD morning because we are here today to celebrate the marvelous life of James Kash" the preacher started . i sniffled maintaining a steady breathing pace.

"Amen" the crowd spoke.

"to get started today we're gonna let a few family and friends come up and remind us a little about mr.kash, first we're gonna have of course, Mama Kash herself"

nana got up making her way to the poll with the help of uncle Jeezy.

"good morning everybody" she said dabbing her eyes of course causing me to start up .

"uhh so if you knew my son .. you knew he was a friend to many .. but a enemy to many more .. and that's because if you can't beat it you envy it!" nana spike causing the crowd to roar with "amens".

"but i'm not hear to take up all the time talking about his haterss" nana dragged getting chuckles from the crowd .

"i'm here to tell y'all how wonderful my son was , a loving man to his daughter Nova, a great leader to his 3 brothers and an amazing first born to his mama" nana spoke taking a pause and letting out a sobs.

"excuse me y'all .. im just gone sum it up to say that my son grew to be something i admired so much because he was everything he never had . an amazing husband to his late wife carly, and an outstanding father to his daughter nova. and an over achieving business man . at the end of the day there will never be any man like my son , EVER , and he will be missed dearly !" nana spoke as she cried softly . she got down from the poll and balled out once she took her seat .

"come on Nov , you wanna say a few words?" uncle Ky asked . i shook my head lightly.

"you sure" he asked . i shook my head no . he chuckled and reached for my hand . i grabbed it and we stood up making our way to the poll.

"hey y'all i'm Ky, one of the three brothers. uh today i got my niece Nova up here with me just in case she want to say a few words after me" unk ky started . i waved lightly standing near my uncle . i watched over the entire crowd , it looked more like a concert or a show then a funeral , my dad knew so many people but yet was so private . i wonder how many of these people actually knew i even existed before my nana came up here . my thoughts were interrupted as somebody walked in , it was a female she was tall lightskin & had long black hair . similar to a girl my dad used to talk to . late to his funeral ? how rude . i scuffed at the thought . i don't know why she was giving such an off vibe but. i didn't like it .

"nova you wanna say a few words?"

my uncle asked causing me to tune back in .

"um hey guys " .. i started off as my tears began . i lifted my shades to wipe my eyes .

"i never thought this day would be so soon.. i of course have nothing prepared to say.. but um to anybody that doesn't know he was all i had left ..

the tears became streams

"my mama died of breast cancer a few years back and since then we became a double dou , ya know ying and yang
" i spoke trying to choke up on my tears . 

"but um for about a week now it's been just yang and i've been a little lost without ying .. it's been real hard but i've been getting through it with the help of close family and friends but at the end of the day there's no worse pain than missing somebody your never gone be abl-" i put my hand over my mouth and i began to hyperventilate. it began to get hot and i felt the urge to vomit ... i swallowed and turned around to my uncle , allowing him to guide us back to our seat . the pastor gave a thanks to us and kinda finished off my speech for me .

i was still a mess hyperventilating, crying , and still hot. the urge to vomit had luckily went away and i was leaning into my uncles shoulder trying to gather myself .

as the funeral went on i kept myself distracted with all the thoughts and memories of my dad . from the time i was 8 and he taught me how to cock and shoot a gun. or the time i was 9 and he taught me how to fight , and the time i turned 10 and he took me to disneywolrd . i got any and everything i wanted .. i miss my daddy ..

by the time i was done reminiscing the funeral had come to an end . my brothers grabbed the casket carrying it out and me and nana walked behind them. damn .. that's really my dad in there . damn pa i wish i could've been there for you . as they put him in the hearse everybody gathered around . the pastor gave one last prayer .

eveyone stood for a moment of silence..

"I love you pa , i got you forever and even after that" i said touching the casket. i sobbed as they closed the door. i felt a pair of arms come behind me and i knew it was kentrell just from the touch. i turned around sobbing into his chest and he held me tight . i needed this right now . we soon broke a part from the hug .

thank you kentreel"

"you know i got you" he smiled .

i gave him a fake smirk as we parted ways to the car . once everyone was ready we took a drive through my dads hood and some parts of the city making our way to the grave yard .

this your last ride pa , i hope you enjoying , i love you so much . i spoke up into the sky ever so lightly.

***

HAPPY NEW YEARS 🥳 cheers to 2021 🥂  and me about to finish this book 🙃 , see you guys next chapter !