fantasy : 21

0 days till the funeral ..

Nova .

i woke up staring dead at the ceiling

i woke up staring dead at the ceiling. i was really finna go through with it? seeing my daddy at his weakest. i signed feeling a tear drop. i hurried and wiped it rising up. i walked into the bathroom turning on the shower. everything just seemed so dull today. i was happy and content before but today .. i just couldn't. after over thinking in the shower i decided it was time to speed up my process. i checked my phone to see 8:02 across the screen. the funeral didn't start until 9:00 so we had about 30 minutes before everyone met up at my house to start the procession.

i dried off slipping on my underclothes. and the my black pants suite. when we came back last night i straightened my hair knowing i wouldn't have time this morning. i added my accessories after brushing my teeth and grabbed my black clutch and matching shades. i walked out being met face to face by G.

"wassup mamas" g spoke lightly. i sniffled nodding my head before wiping my tears.

"imma be okay" i told him also telling myself to keep my cool.

"you guys ready?" g-mama asked . i smiled mentally at the name i had given to her.

"yeah ma" g answered.

we hopped in the car making our way to my old house. it took us all of 10 minutes before we pulled up. before i could even open the door ki was there to open it for me. she reached out for my hand helping me out and giving me the tightest hug. that was the string.. she pulled it . my waterworks began. she rubbed my back continuing to comfort me. i gathered my self .

i gotta keep my cool. too many folks gone be wanting to talk to me. i couldn't tho. me and my dad was peanut butter and jelly. a smooth duo. now what you gone do with jelly and no peanut butter ? i sniffled dabbing my eyes with a kleenex i had gotten from my purse then adjusting my sunglasses.

"hey nov" kentrell said walking over wit open arms. it felt so warm and comforting inside his hug. i could feel the love in the hug. i grinned tapping him wit a kiss on the cheek. i walked over to the blacked out escalade seeing my uncles talking with some people. they instantly cut their conversation short when they saw me bundling me into a hug. i thought ki started the water works ? nah this was it foreal.

"he's really gone guys.. ain't nun i could do to bring him backk" i whined

"if i was here i could've did sum unk" i said getting weak in my knees. uncle keezy instantly caught me.

"nova come on baby girl. it could've been you and him. i know he's glad you weren't there. i know it hurts nova but you can't go blaming yourself alright?" unk spoke. he was right. but still.. i wanted him back. i missed him just one last hug dada pleaseee. i begged in my head as my tears continued streaming down my face .

i took my shades off  wincing at the sun. i wiped my eyes and took a deep breath before blinking my eyes 3 times. i opened my eyes on the third time wit a clear vision. i looked down the street to now see cars lined up beyond sight .

aight i gotta face this shit. i'm going crazy.. i walked back over to the gang .

"alright i'll meet up with you guys there" i spoke wit my voice low and cracking . i was trying to keep it together but it was hard and even that was an understatement.

i walked back over to the escalade hopping in and sitting in between my uncles. i kept quiet the whole time focusing on rings to keep me distracted. we rode for about 15 minutes before the car stopped. my heart raced more and more faster the closer i got to the door. every move i made felt so surreal .

i was helped out the truck by my uncle kev. we walked to the front door of the church lining up to view the body and take our seats. i walked behind all there off my uncles who stood first. next came kianna, g, g-mama, trell and the gang followed by dozens of other people i could least know . i watched as my nana walked up .

i smiled with the little excitement left in my heart. i haven't seen my nana since i was like 5. little did anybody know nana was the brains & head of her boys drug cartel back in puerto rico but that's on the low. literally every family played a role except me , i wasn't complaining tho. i liked having a family full of body guards and me being the treasure. that's exactly why i couldn't be around them tho and i knew just as well as they knew too.

i slightly crouched down nearly squeezing the life out my nana.

"hey nana" i said letting a few tears drop.

"hola mija. un beso porfa" she spoke in spanish. i gave her the biggest kiss on the cheek before she continued to comfort me in a hug. eventually i gathered myself and she made her way to the front of the door.

she knocked and the doors opened letting the piano start. everybody walked slowly down the isle. i walked behind my uncle who was huge so i had yet to see anything. i heard my grandma break down causing my heart to ache and a few tears to drop .

"james man come onnnn" my uncle kevin broke down ..

"come on kev" uncle ky spoke . i felt my heart pounding as i knew it would become my turn to view the body .

uncle jeezy moved over .. allowing me to see the body. he was dead . it was him. he was there. he ain't speak. open his eyes . move . he was just there dead.

"daddy.." i spoke softly breaking down. my voice cracked and my heart sank. i winced crying out loud finally letting everything go. i looked one last night before kissing my fingers and tapping his chest, yet still balling out in tears. everybody gathered around me slightly pushing me away from the casket. it was smart because it was only a few more seconds before i lost it. i got my clo-

"OH MY LORD JESUS CHRIST!" i heard g-mama scram out shocking me out my thoughts.

"mama what?!" i heard g whisper yell. he pushed her away from the casket to sit on the pew behind us .

"Tarus .. that's your daddy too" i heard gs mom say before everything went blank.

hello my lovely readers . i am back & i am better . i have been dreading to write this part bc i almost cried writing this bullshit 😒 . y'all wanted nova to go to the funeral so bad ?there ! y'all want g and nova to be siblings so bad ? there !  anything you guys want i deliver.

anyways i know i been gone but that's not the point i'm back and i'm finna finish this book up ! so stay tuned.

also comment and vote .. it helps me wanna keep writing . love you guys mean it 💕