Chapter 26

In which Fitz should have seen it coming.

Chapter 26

We were out of the corridor and into my room in a matter of seconds, the chain slid into place over the door to keep the whole world out. In a flurry, we kicked off our shoes, and I removed my necklace and earrings while Harry unclasped the watch on his wrist and flung off his tie. Then we reattached, desperate and yearning, grabbing onto one another in the narrow entrance as if those were our last few moments alive.

I didn't want to give him a spare moment to think about this, and it seemed he was eager to keep me from doing the same.

Harry had me against the wall, his hands massaging my breasts through the dress while I royally messed up his hair with my needy fingers. I whimpered into his mouth, spurning him on, and he ground his hips roughly into mine, sending a jolt of electricity through my bones.

He repeated this process while grazing his hands down my sides and grabbing a handful of my dress, tugging up the skirt so that it wasn't so restricting.

But I had other ideas. I was busy pushing the vest off his shoulders, popping the buttons of his collared shirt, and unlatching his belt. I meant business, and a testament to this was in the fact that I successfully undid his pants without looking and while nibbling on his lower lip. Harry thought I was finished and moved his hands back to my breasts, but I knocked his arms out of the way, gliding one hand down his exposed chest and abdominals before boldly plunging into his pants. Harry moaned against my lips in approval, forcing my head to tilt back so that he could kiss me even harder.

Gently squeezing him outside his boxer briefs, I was pleased to note that he was already growing in my hand. Even so, I wanted things to move faster, so I slid my hand past the elastic waistband of his underwear and grabbed a hold of him.

Harry broke our kiss with a harsh gasp. "Fuck," he cursed under his breath.

Thinking it was a gasp of pleasure, I kept going.

Shaking his head and wincing, Harry finally wrapped his fingers around my wrist and yanked my hand out.

"Jesus. Stop it, woman! Your hands are freezing." "... oh," I breathed, cheeks tinged pink with embarrassment. Of course – I'd been an icicle just minutes ago in the cold.

Harry paid no attention to my abrupt shyness and took both of my wrists in his hands, bringing them close to his mouth. With my palms next to his lips, he opened his mouth and blew hot air on them to warm them up. He did this several times, eventually covering my hands with his own and rubbing them together to warm them.

Satisfied, he let go of my wrists, breathing, "Okay. Okay, go."

I wished he would kiss me again to take the focus off of what I was about to do. The pause had blemished my confidence. Harry's eyes flickered from mine to my hands, and I knew he was waiting with high hopes.

Swallowing my nerves, I dipped my hand back into his underwear, chewing on my lip and focusing on Harry's face as I gently grasped him at the base. Instantly, his breathing shallowed. I trailed my thumb along his length to gauge his reaction before slowly sliding my hand up and then back down.

After a few of these swipes, Harry had to place one hand beside my head, palm flat against the wall to support himself. In his other hand he held a gathered handful of my dress, his fingers digging into my hip to hold me steady.

Feeling him respond underneath my touch, I increased my pace. Harry's eyes closed instinctively, gulping through parted lips as his breathing came in sharp, uneven puffs.