14 - forest // ssamyen

Yena's sharp eyes spotted something flying lazily around her, her hands twitched as she took a deep breath. After calculating the great timing— the said woman immediately moved her hands, extending her arms as she collided her palms together with a loud clap.

Chaewon, who's beside her, looked at her with a snort. Shaking her head, she just watched her girlfriend smirked in triumph, eyeing her palms with a gaze full of happiness.

"Babe, look at this, I caught and killed a mosquito!" Yena exclaimed, excitedly showing her achievement to her unamused girlfriend beside her. Chaewon sighed, grabbing a tissue from her bag and grabbed Yena's hands, wiping the mosquito's blood that stained her skin.

Chaewon's heart fluttered when she saw her girlfriend's excitement and happiness of killing a mosquito like she just saved a person from dying. Heh, that was probably why she agreed to this set up because Yena looked so excited as she blabbered about how much she badly wanted to do this with her and she has no heart to reject her girlfriend's suggestion and long-time dream date.

Forest date...

Just who just created this absurd idea. Chaewon would like to have a talk with them.

It's nothing romantic like Yena worded it out to her. Both of them squished through this cramped tent, getting feasted by the mosquitoes, and it didn't help that there were creepy chirping sounds that could be heard around the dark forest which would make Chaewon shiver every time.

"Are you bored?" Yena quietly asked, pouting. Chaewon stopped wiping the blood out of her girlfriend's hand for a moment, looking up to meet her gaze. She could see the guilt and sadness in the older woman's eyes, which she rarely witnessed and her heart cracked.

"No," Chaewon answered, trying to sound sincere so she would not break Yena's heart. A sigh escaped from the older woman's lips. "Sorry, I really thought it would be romantic and healing like those I see in the internet but it's completely the opposite." She whispered, feeling ashamed that she dragged her girlfriend into this, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

Chaewon panicked, immediately cupping Yena's cheek and made her look at her. "Hey, babe. No need to feel sorry, seriously— it's fine. As long as I'm with you, I'll go anywhere, wherever you wish." She hushed her down, lovingly caressing her cheeks to comfort her.

Yena pouted, gaze unfocused as she followed the mosquito that somehow managed to enter their tent and immediately killed it. Chaewon let out another sigh, getting another clean tissue and wiped the blood off again from Yena's hands.

It's so unreal how much Yena loves Chaewon, and vice versa. Chaewon is ready to do anything for Yena and Yena will always bring Chaewon anywhere without a fail because she wanted to experience and witness something new together with her lover.

The older yet acts like the younger gawked at Chaewon's face. With the poor and bare lighting coming from the lit lamp in the center of the small tent, Yena could still perfectly trace Chaewon's godly features, worshipping it and if her girlfriend wasn't just holding her both hands then she would've traced her face again with her fingertips.

"Thank you, Chae," Yena whispered suddenly, making Chaewon look up to her, confused at the random gratefulness. "For what?" She asked, placing the dirty tissues aside then snuggled closer to her lover.

"Just literally for everything." Yena replied with a small smile, pulling Chaewon even closer and buried her face into her lover's hair, sighing contentedly. "Even though we're having a difficult time, even though some situations or circumstances aren't ideal, you are ready to stay with me until the end." She added, moving her head lower, feeling Chaewon's cold piercings press into her lips and chin.

Chaewon shivered, feeling herself blush when she felt Yena's lips touching her ear. "Of course, I told you before, as long as I'm with you and it'll make you happy then I'm willing to go anywhere or do anything." She muttered her answer, giggling when Yena teasingly bit her ear before engulfing her into a warm embrace.

"Plus, you always make everything memorable anyway." Chaewon added with a smile, pressing a kiss on Yena's throat.

The older giggled, and Chaewon noticed the darkness in it which made her shiver a bit. "Always make everything memorable, huh..." She whispered against her ear before pulling away. "Let's make everything more memorable then,"

Wincing, the younger was about to whine because of the lack of closeness and warmth when Yena suddenly pulled her into a kiss, silencing her in an instant.

Chaewon smiled in the middle of the kiss, thinking that this forest date is not entirely bad at all before responding to her lover's kisses.