4 - nothing else // ssamkkura

I'am just your friend— no more than that

A friend that you always lean onto when you have problems

Nothing else

“Hey, Chaewon. Are you still awake? I needed someone to talk to, and you're the first person i ever thought of.” Sakura texted her one day at 2 in the morning.

I felt honored with that, of course. I'm the first person who popped in to your mind when you needed someone

Chaewon was wide awake that time, finishing her assignment that was due tomorrow. She was not yet done but she knew she cant resist Sakura and she would do anything for her.

She's too whipped for the older girl.

In a heartbeat, she dialed Sakura's number and the other girl instantly answered.

Sakura was crying.

The older girl was a mess and sobbing over the phone, talking about how her current love interest was giving her mixed signals and broke her heart just recently.

It's not just Sakura's heart was breaking that night, Chaewon's heart was also shattering into a million pieces.

Chaewon tried herself not to tear up. She was mad and envious.

Mad, because this person broke Sakura's heart and made her cry. She deserved better than being played. If Chaewon were the one who's on their shoes, she would never let Sakura go, she would give her the love and care she deserves.

Envious, because Sakura clearly liked them so much. How the older girl talked about this certain person was lovingly and like she cherishes them so much that Chaewon wanted to self-destruct. Because never in her life, she will experience to hear Sakura talk about her like that to other people. And the hurtful truth that the older girl wont look at her more than a friend. Yuna could only dream.

“I-I thought he also liked me back because i'm confident that he's dropping some h-hints. But i was wrong, very w-wrong. I adore him so much, C-Chaewon-ah. It h-hurts.” Sakura cries. Chaewon sighed, biting her lower lip because she also felt hurt too.

Hearing someone you like— ah no, love— talk about someone they like, hurts so much.

“Dont cry, okay? It'll be alright.” And I will never be alright.

“Chaewonnie... I really want to see you. I'm desperate for some comfort right now, but it's already super late and you're too young to be out in this kind of time.” Sakura muttered, sniffling. Chaewon's eyes lit up.

I would do anything for you even if it means i need to break the rules

“Who said that kids cant go out of the house this late? If you badly wanted some comfort, i would gladly give you it, no matter what it takes. Meet me at the Han River Park in fifteen minutes, i'll be there.” She was rummaging through her closet as she speaks.

She heard Sakura chuckled a bit, and mumbled a small thank you.

After wearing a hoodie and stuffing some snacks into her bag, she was finally ready to jump from her window. It wasnt too high so she wasnt afraid plus, Sakura was waiting for her.

Chaewon opened her window and sneakily jumped over the bushes, grabbing the ladder before placing the edge of it near the window where she jumped off so it wont be hard climbing back again. She ran where her bike was placed, and dragged it over the front. Slowly, she opened the gate, trying to avoid producing some noises and picked up her bike then closed it quietly.