12 - maybe // annyeongz

It is known that Jang Wonyoung is whipped and very much in love with Ahn Yujin.

But it is also known that Ahn Yujin is certainly not interested in Jang Wonyoung.

Awwe, that sucks. But it happens. Wonyoung isn't the only person in the world who pines for their particular love interest. To be honest, that thought made her feel better, at least, slightly— knowing that you aren't the only person who suffers from unrequited love? Hmm, she could relate to a lot of people out there, she doesn't feel alone.

However, Wonyoung is not your typical admirer, she's very vocal and expressive about her deep admiration for the older girl— okay, maybe she also had this phase where she kept it all in and kept denying her feelings. Well, after all, she and Yujin have a nice and close friendship that Wonyoung couldn't afford to lose but that was a few years back then.

Eventually, Wonyoung grew tired of keeping those blooming feelings to herself and started to be vocal about it, she confessed— risking her friendship with Yujin. Fortunately or unfortunately, Yujin was cool with it, she reasoned out that 'it happens' and understood it perfectly, however, the older became a little bit distant and cautious about her words around her. There weren't drastic changes between them but still, it was very noticeable— most especially their close friends, they gradually noticed it and tried to comfort the two of them.

Wonyoung wasn't really expecting anything, anyway. She already knew what may happen. Yujin... she doesn't simply believe in love, romantic love, that is. She has a very bitter view to it, and no, not because of a break-up or anything. She believes that it doesn't exist, that it won't make her happy.

Maybe she got the influence over her single mother, Wonyoung knew how much Yujin went through in their childhood days because of her broken family. Not surprising that she has a very uncommon perspective about love.

But anyway, back to Wonyoung. She thought that it would be better for them to be friends anyway, they are your typical best friends who people get jealous of because even if they are opposites, they get along so well easily. Most people never really think that they would make a great couple, except for their friends who really like them for each other.

With that, Wonyoung decided to stay chill, and be her usual self but more playful now— she loves to tease Yujin, especially to make her fluster and catch her off-guard. She would just suddenly compliment and say very sweet things to her, also just suddenly taking her into dates (she's the only one who thinks of it as dates) and giving her gifts casually like a girlfriend will do to her lover.

Moving on, that choice is always there. That was Wonyoung's first choice when she finally accepted those feelings for Yujin but then, it was no use especially whenever she kept trying. She decided to let it be, maybe that even without her knowing, she will move on. She just let it to naturally happen— let her feelings vanish naturally and you know? She's enjoying having these cute foreign feelings for her best friend, actually. The way Yujin can make her day easily by just breathing, the way Yujin can make her giddy and smiley with just a simple glance, the way Yujin can lift her mood up with a small cheer— just everything.

However, of course, Wonyoung wouldn't deny— she gets a little bit hurt sometimes. She likes the idea of being in a real relationship with Yujin, of course, she doesn't exactly want for them to stay best friends only. Wonyoung wants to kiss Yujin too, to taste her lips and embrace her in a very loving way, to hold hands with her, to receive 'i love yous' from Yujin.

She's yearning for Yujin's love and romantic affection.

And of course, she does get jealous too whenever people try to woo her best friend, heck, she's even vocal about it. She doesn't have the right, yes, she knows that, since she doesn't own Yujin in the first place but to be honest, she doesn't care anymore, it's not like Yujin gets uncomfy whenever she rants about her feelings.