5 - hauntophobia // jangchae

“NO.” 

Yena's face dropped as she watched Wonyoung walked away after rejecting her offer with no slightest bit of hesitation. She cursed under her breath before running ahead of her, then blocked her way and smiled, very determined.

“You know i wont stop until you say yes, right?” The older chirped, grinning like an idiot and gave the taller girl a stupid puppy eyes making her hiss in annoyance. “Yeah, try until you die.” Wonyoung replied in a flat tone before stepping aside and walked away, leaving Yena dumbfounded.

The older sulked and pouted but immediately followed Wonyoung, she's not the type who gives up quickly. She skipped towards the taller and grabbed her shoulders from behind. “Wonyoung-ah~ Pleaseeee. Do it for unnie?” She tried her best to make her tone sweet but to Wonyoung, it sounds annoying and irritating.

With a sigh, the latter turned around, her brows are deeply furrowed, and visibly annoyed at her— Yena still find her cute, Wonyoung looked like a angry baby bunny, she almost cooed if the taller girl didnt yelled. “Unnie! You know i cant! So, please, just ask someone.” Her voice getting lower until the end. Yena's not fazed at all.

“I will be there with you!” She tried again.

“That information wouldn't make me agree.” Wonyoung said, plain and blank. “Or everything. Ask anything or whatever, just not that, unnie.” She added and sighed, glaring at Yena.

“Come on~ It'll be fun! You'll go to the place you hated the most just to scream the name of the person you love! Isnt that sound promising?” Yena exclaimed, clapping lightly in excitement. When she thought she convinced Wonyoung there, her smile dropped again. Well, what would she expect. But she need to keep on trying.

“Unnie, NO. I already said NO. It's a NO.” The taller repeatedly said, trying to make Yena understand how much she doesnt want to accept her offer. The older just pouted then smiled. “Please?” She finally sincerely asked, desperate and serious. Wonyoung rose a brow and her face softened. Yena thought she succeeded not until—

“Yeah. Still a no. Goodbye, unnie.” She answered and stuck out her tongue before dashing away to the exit. Yena's eyes narrowed and sighed. 

When Wonyoung reached the convenience store, she looked behind her if Yena was following her when she saw no one, she lets out a sigh of relief. “God, that unnie is so persistent.” She mumbled before walking to the candies section, picking up a few sweets then walking along the aisle, spotting a food that will catch her eyes.

Wonyoung thought that Yena's favour was absurd, very absurd! No way in hell she would accept, even if Yena bribes her with stuffs like mint choco ice cream, nope, she wont be easily tempted by that!

Well, if you're all wondering what Yena had asked her to do. The older actually wanted her to go with her to the haunted house attraction of their school and shout the name of the person who theyre have a huge crush on. It might've not a big deal to anyone and consider it exciting and fun but to Wonyoung its not, because first of all: She has a fear of haunted house/haunted attractions or any sort of ghosts. Yes, a phobia, she's really terrified of going inside at such creepy places. A big no no.

Her fear started when she was nine. It was also Halloween and her cousins planned to go to the nearby haunted house with her. Of course little Wonyoung is excited, she had never been inside a haunted house because her parents are strict and wont really let her roam with her friends for trick or treat-ing, but today's Halloween was an exception because she's with her cousins and she's already a big girl. Her parents even made an effort to find the costume she really wanted badly, her favorite princess— Belle. The dress costs a fortune but the married couple didnt mind, its for their daughter's happiness and money is not a big deal to them.