Chapter 3

Today's a great day. It's my birthday! I invited Y/n over and along with some other friends. Today is my 15th birthday. I'm super excited! The theme was of course games so you could come as your favorite game character. It was 10:00 am. The party starts at 2:30. That gives enough time to freshen up, get ready and set the party up.

It was 1:30 when I finished setting it all up. Now I wait. The time is now 2:12. No one showed up. It's getting closer to the time when the party starts. Still no one came. I dismissed it as I thought that they were just running late. It's 2:30 now and the party is starting. None of my friends came. Y/n didn't even show up. They could have sent a text saying how they weren't able to make it instead of showing me up.

I mentally cursed myself. Why did I even bother to set up this party. I was ready to share my birthday with everyone who were considered as a friend. But fuck that shit. What is it? What is it about me that they don't like? I start to sob. "Cory listen it's okay. If they didn't show up on the day that was most important to you then they aren't your friends. Baby not everyone is your friend." She said as he held my hand.

I cried harder. I've known them since we were in the 3rd grade. It's not okay. Being treated like this is not okay. "Thanks mom. I love you!" I said while hugging her. "Let's eat this cake before the roaches come and get it." She said giggling. I laughed too. And we cracked jokes and opened presents and we ate as much cake as we could.

The next day was a school day. My so called friends decided to come and talk to me. "We're sorry we couldn't make it to the party." "Yeah we were busy." They said while looking at me. I laughed and stared at them. "How about we not be friends. I don't even know if we were friends to begin with. I don't need any toxic friends in my life so please save the drama for you momma." I said and walked off.

"Cory Happy Birthday! Sorry I couldn't make it. I was busy." Y/n said coming up to me. "Busy with what? Don't bother to show up at my house. After right now, we are strangers. I don't know you. You don't know me." I said and walked off. I really loved that girl. But she's making very difficult. She stood me up at my own birthday then had the nerves to apologize. I don't have time for it.

When I got home, I started to cry. I know that there is something about me that needs to change. I have to find out what it is. I receive a call from my mom. She sounds like she's been crying. "Cory listen. Grandma was very sick. She in the hospital. She might die. I'm coming to pick you up so be ready." She said while hold tears back. I hang up the phone and get ready.

When we arrive at the hospital I see my grandma with a tube in her nose and wires coming in and out of her body . I start to get way more sad then I already was. "Hey grandma baby." She said weakly. "GG are you okay?" I asked. "No baby. GG is old. I'm gonna visit the lord soon. When I do I'm gonna be watching you from heaven. You better be good." She said while she put her hand on my cheek.

"D-don't go please." I said starting to cry. "I got to baby. Don't worry bout me. Keep your head up and don't for-forget to s-smile." She said while closing her eyes. "GG is gonna take a nap. When I wake up I'll be with the lord. He'll take good care of me. Don't cry. Don't be sad. I'll be fine." She said. She closed her eyes and the heart monitor went flat.

I felt my world start to crumble. I love my grandma so much. I have to remember that she will be with God. She'll be okay. My mom hugged me while the doctors came in and took her away. I hugged my mom back and went home. The car ride was silent. It's best if it would stay like that.

Im gonna change for me and for grandma. She would want to see me grow out of this gamer boy phase I have. Don't worry GG, I got you. Just smile down on me. Look down on me.

Have faith in me. And slowly but surely, I'll get there.