2

Months had passed since she had said goodbye to her family and coven

Months had passed since she had said goodbye to her family and coven. No one had fought her when she told them she was leaving. Since she had left the castle on fire, they were aware of the death of her husband and the massacre.

No one fought for her to stay, and she didn't let them. She left her parents after a single kiss on their cheek, embraced her two brothers one last time and left the De Letang's manor for good.

Months had passed, the Mikaelson and Olympe were always on the road, hunting the five Séverin, the ones responsible for all the deaths. During this time, she helped them eliminate any enemies or simple nuisances that the Mikaelson desired, mostly Niklaus. But she couldn't bring herself to open to them or to even trust them. She was barely sleeping, and when she was, she was constantly dreaming about her husband's last moment and ended up waking up sweating and crying.

None of the siblings forced her to open, they let her mourn, and she was thankful for that. Only Rebekah was starting to be openly friendly to Olympe and maybe Kol in some aspect. He was the only one who had succeeded in making her laugh.

As of now, the small group had followed the Séverin to the north of Britain and had rested in a small village. The town was crossed by a large river, and numerous bridges constituted it. It was charming despite the heavy rain.

They were all sitting inside a rather large hostel among other folks. Drenched by the rain, they had taken the seats closest to the large fire burning inside the chimney, holding their coats close to it. While the Mikaelson ordered beer and wine (to pretend that they were actual humans even though they would go out at night and hunt), Olympe asked for some warm food and sweet cider. She absentmindedly listened to them discussing who would be their next dinner. She had gotten used to it now. They were vampires; they needed blood, which was natural for them, the same way that eating chicken was for her.

They talked a bit more, until Kol who was on Olympe's left, remarked her heavy silence.

He genuinely liked the girl. She was intelligent and sharp, and she could prove herself to be quite cunning and cruel when needed. Yet, he was worried that her pain would one day be too much. He never asked about her dead husband. None of them did out of respect. But tonight, he was curious, and he felt that she was starting to warm up to them, maybe not trust them, but she was more relaxed.

"Can I ask you something, Olympe?" He started, silencing the table. She nodded, intrigued.

"You never talk about your husband. Now, I understand that it is a painful subject for you, dear, but perhaps talking about it with people who won't judge you could help."

She looked at him, slightly surprised. She wasn't expecting this question, even though she should have seen it coming. Kol was curious by nature, and the rest of them were rather impatient. It was a miracle no one had asked her more questions since she agreed to leave with them. She sighed, tugging some of her wet, dark hair behind her ears nervously.