21

If I keep thisIf I keep this in mind, insteadOf telling you what I've meantI won't be so fineI'm settlingI am good with all tides and wavesBut held back by the bad incenseGrowing from flaws

If I keep this
If I keep this in mind, instead
Of telling you what I've meant
I won't be so fine
I'm settling
I am good with all tides and waves
But held back by the bad incense
Growing from flaws

[...]

One more night, for all our lies
One more say, to close our days
If I'd be 'him' and you'd be 'her'
It won't be hard, the last
One more day, for all our times
I know we're gone
But 'gones' are pricеless
Be brightly sad, leavе this mess
Warm my name, the last

-One more night by DEMIAN

Olympe sat alone in the room that was now her bedroom in her house; Kol was somewhere downstairs. After her episode, he decided to stay with her for now, and she didn't really like it. In the first place, she was afraid of being dangerous for him because she did not know what Dahlia had done to her mind. Second, Olympe was an adult, and she could take care of herself as she had been doing for the past centuries without a babysitter. Still, Kol resolved was determined and stubborn, and Olympe couldn't make him change his mind, even after his sibling had asked him to come back to the family compound.

Olympe looked at the wall opposite where she sat. The past few days, while she was contemplating how to end Dahlia, she was able to retrieve more of her things from Italy or Marcus' place, for instance, the painting hanging on the wall opposite her bed. The artwork depicted her in the centre, flanked by her brothers and parents farther away, standing in front of a large manor surrounded by forest. It was old but well preserved. Olympe had retrieved one painting of Marc too but hadn't found the courage to hang it for now. She wasn't sure she would ever, to be honest.

Olympe heard some voices coming from downstairs. That should be Hayley, she thought, slowly standing as she absentmindedly pressed her hands against her skirt to smooth down imaginary wrinkles. Once downstairs, she was displeased to realise that Hayley was not alone. Of course, her daughter Hope was there in her mother's arms, but also Elijah and Freya, standing close to Kol.

Olympe's chest clenched somewhere deep inside her when she saw that Niklaus was not among them. You miss him, a voice whispered in her mind, and she quickly brushed it away, annoyed.

"Welcome to my humble home," she greeted them with her most polite and charming smile, albeit a fake one, as she marched the last steps. "I didn't expect so many guests, so I'm afraid I don't have anything prepared."

Elijah simply moved his hand, implying they didn't care, while Freya shrugged and walked closer to her friend with a somewhat worried expression.

"We heard what Dahlia did to you, Olympe... Are you okay?" She asked, grabbing her hands in hers while Hayley and Elijah placed Hope on the couch, making sure she wouldn't fall. That reminded Olympe that her house was not child-proof.