22

I'm next in line and my supply is running out

It's time to leave, the clouds are hanging low

The truth begins to show

Lover, hunter, friend and enemy

You will always be every one of these

Lover, hunter, friend and enemy

You will always be every one of these

Nothing's fair in love and war

In life, in love, this time I can't afford to lose

For one, for all, I'll do what I have to do

You can't understand, it's all part of the plan

Broken pieces of the night

Sing like hollow lullabies

You and I, always in disguises

Lover, hunter, friend and enemy

You will always be every one of these

Lover, hunter, friend and enemy

You will always be every one of these

Nothing's fair in love and war

*

Freya looked frantic; her hair was everywhere, and her clothes did not fit her properly as they usually do. She was running towards Niklaus and Olympe, and the brunette felt herself tense as she recognised the look of pure terror and sheer panic in the witch's eyes.

"She's coming! We need to move now, Olympe!" she kept saying, and Olympe let her come closer while Klaus quickly turned to her with an anxious frown on his face.

Olympe suddenly realised that she was about to fight against a thousand-year-old witch, and the idea disturbed her more than she would have believed. Her hands were unexpectedly shaking a little, and her heart was pounding against her ribs. Olympe was scared. Frightened. Afraid. And she was not used to it.

A warm feeling spread from her right forearm, and she turned to see Niklaus' hand on her, holding her arm gently as if trying to comfort her. They didn't talk, but no words were needed. They still could understand each other with one simple glance. In a moment, her heart calmed, and she looked away, quickly following a still, very much panicking Freya.