13

***

***

Hello friend!

Just to say that the chapters' publication might slow down in the future days bc I'm really busy with university. So, I apologise in advance, but please be patient with me, I'll come back as soon as I can! 

I leave you with this new chapter and I hope you enjoy it!

*

As expected, Olympe didn't sleep that night. She was hurt. Again. But she had to put it in the back of her mind since the Mikaelson had an urgent matter with the French quarter witches who were plotting something.

She couldn't spend her time pitying herself. One because she hated it, two because it was useless. Instead, she went out of her room, walking towards the kitchen. It was time for a food break, and she was famished.

She quietly opened the large grey fridge and saw her beloved O+ blood. She took one out, opened it and poured it into a cup she found in a cabinet. She leaned against the kitchen counter and enjoyed the little morning sunlight streaming into the room.

She heard some patter of feet coming closer, and Olympe stiffened slightly but didn't move from her place. The person entered the room and stopped on sight, seeing Olympe.

"Morning," the vampire slightly waved. Now, she definitely had to fight the urge to flee when she saw the werewolf. Hayley, she forced herself to remember.

Nonetheless, she gently smiled at the young woman who looked warily at her.

"Good morning," she mumbled back as she walked past her to grab a pack of cereal and a bowl. Olympe moved a little to take the milk and gave it to her.

"Thanks."

Olympe simply nodded, still downing her cup of blood unhurriedly. She wondered if drinking it in front of the pregnant woman made her uncomfortable. Hayley spoke up again shortly before she was about to leave, thinking it was certainly not a good idea for a pregnant woman to see blood in the morning.

"You can stay. I don't mind," Hayley said softly as she munched on her cereal.

"Are you sure?" Olympe stopped in mid-movements. "I can understand how disturbing seeing blood during breakfast can be," she declared, pointing at Hayley's cereal then at her own cup. But the woman only nodded, showing her the seat next to her. Finally, Olympe decided that it wouldn't cost her anything to accept it and went to gracefully sit.

"I assume you have been surrounded by vampires for a while now?" she asked, forcing her face and voice to stay detached and gentle.

"How do you know?" she questioned, looking a bit surprised. Olympe slightly shook her cup for emphasis with a slight grin.

"You're not particularly disturbed by this."

"Does it upset you that you have to drink it?"

"No," she responded. She didn't even hesitate; too many people had questioned that in the past. But seeing Hayley's wide eyes and her mostly innocent look, she couldn't help but feel that she was genuinely asking, and that made Olympe chuckle slightly.