9

The moment they arrived in front of the house, Olympe firmly pushed him away, yelling.

"What the hell, Niklaus?"

"We need to talk to you. Let's go inside."

"Surely it could've waited until I returned home?" She incredulously asked, following him inside.

Rebekah and Elijah were standing in the middle of the room, and Niklaus soon joined them.

"What is going on?" Olympe questioned, feeling more and more irritated by the entire situation. She didn't like the look on their faces either.

"Maybe we should be the ones asking you, Olympe," Rebekah spoke, her tone firm and severe.

"I'm sorry, is this an interrogation?" Olympe looked at the three in front of her. She tried catching Niklaus' eyes with hers, but he seemed to purposely avoid her.

"Nik? Tell me what is going on, please?" Her voice was softer now. She wasn't afraid yet, but this whole scenario made her anxious, especially when Niklaus kept on dodging her eyes.

"Thomas came this morning," he quietly explained, still not looking at her.

"Really? What does it have to do with me? Did he explain why he left?" She scoffed.

"We can say he did, yes," answered Elijah, "Mister De Letang made it very clear that he wanted nothing more than to stay away from us, vampires. But that's not what's preoccupying..."

"Then what is it?" She impatiently asked. She could feel her nervousness turning into irritation.

"Apparently, Thomas has a way to make you mortal again," Rebekah suddenly spoke. "And he's also looking for a way to kill us."

"What?"

Olympe was stunned. What on earth was Thomas doing?

"Did you know about it?" Niklaus questioned, still not looking at her.

"Of course not!" She lied. She remembered the letter from Ophelia. If she hadn't really believed it at first, now she was forced to consider Thomas was a threat and a dangerous one at that.

"Olympe..." Niklaus whispered, shutting his eyes tightly. "Please, just tell the truth."

"What truth?" She continued to deny, but she was tensed now, her mind full of the letter's warnings she had chosen to ignore out of sympathy for Thomas.

She could see through his thick disappointment that Niklaus was irritated as he turned away from her.

"I found your letter!" He finally exploded after a brief silence. "Come on, Olympe! why don't you tell the truth?!"

Olympe was taken aback. Niklaus had never before yelled at her with such disdain in all the years they had spent together. Never.

"Please, Olympe," gently demanded Rebekah, but Olympe noticed the way Elijah suspiciously observed her.