Chapter 17: Other Side? What Other Side? I Haven't Heard Of An 'Other Side'

"How long did you say your spell will keep her there?" Klaus said from beside me as we looked into the cell in the basement.

"Oh, until I let her out." I smirked, watching Esther toss and turn as she had nightmare after nightmare.

I know, I was being harsh, but since I snapped out of my spell and came back to consciousness, Klaus had managed to catch this mother in an attempt to kill me.

So, I cast a spell so she would be put in a dream state where I can control the dreams.

Since she had something to do with my children disappearing, I decided to make them unpleasant.

Who wouldn't?

"So my psychotic aunt is on her way from beyond the grave to kill one of our children and we have no idea when or where?" Klaus confirmed and I nodded my head.

"Oh, I know when it will be, it has to be at a celestial event... Or a full moon of course." I sighed, everything had to be on a full moon didn't it?

All I knew, was the Esther was keeping Elizabeth and Rian somewhere and we had to look for them otherwise they'll die if they aren't with anybody or one of them will die in four days.

Luckily the full moon hits today so I could use the power to find them.

Just that thought made my stomach drop. I knew Klaus was the same. Neither of us wanted to lose these children.

Who knows if we'll be able to have more kids? If this was just an anomaly in the whole loop whole of vampire procreation then Rian and Elizabeth could be the only kids we can have.

I'm sure Klaus never actually imagined having children since he knew it wasn't possible for the first 1,000 years of his vampire life but now this has happened, who knows?

I had always wanted children but not this young and not in such a dangerous environment. I cant really blame Klaus for his mothers doings as he want even born at that time.

"So," I began "What do we do about Dahlia?"

"Kill her?"

"She's already a spirit, I'm sure its going to be harder than just killing her." I pointed out

"Did you ask her about anything when you spoke to her?"

"Well, there is a loop hole." I admitted, the only reason that I didn't say about the whole 'killing your mother' thing before was because its Klaus' mother.

Yes they've had their toils and some murdering, mostly on Klaus' half, but family is family. I would stick by my family until the end.

Well, its what I assume to be the loop hole. If we kill Esther though, she will just be another spirit on the other side which, as we have already found out, is pretty easy to escape.

That's when it all hit me.

All things in the past came rushing back in.

"Remember what Valentina said to me about the libitina witches? About if there are two human witches then their power can be harnessed to destroy the other side?" I said and Klaus' eyes narrowed

"What are you getting at?"

"If Mae and I destroy the other side then Dahlia will not longer exist and if Esther dies also, she wont ever be a threat to us again."

Klaus seemed utterly surprised by my revelation. I guess it sounded more sinister than I wanted it too.

"You want to destroy the other side?" Klaus repeated and I nodded my head.