Chapter 12: Wow This Chapter Title Looks Like A Fall Out Boy Song

"Ok... Open your eyes!" Caroline squealed and I did as she instructed.

Standing in front of me, was a humongous decorated Christmas tree and at the bottom were stacks upon stacks of presents.

I think Caroline went a bit over board this year.

"The ones in blue paper are yours." She informed, pointing over to about 10 presents all wrapped to perfection with silver bows tied around them.

"Ah right, thanks Care." I smiled.

Thankfully, all my orders came this morning and I managed to sneak them into one of the spare rooms and wrap them to the best of my abilities.

Lets just say I'm not the best at wrapping.

It seemed that only Care and I were up although I think I did hear Rebekah talking to someone in her room.

And weirdly the person she was talking too sounded a lot like a certain bartender I know.

You know, the one with the hair.

"Well." Caroline grinned from beside me.

"Well what?"

"Arent you going to open them?"

"No. Not all of us are here yet." I pointed out, looking around the main ball room of the mansion and gestured to the lack or Originals in the room.

"Elijah's gone out." A new voice cut in and I looked round to see Rebekah and Matt walk into the room.

I couldn't help but grin when I saw them. I knew those two were going to become a thing, much to Caroline's displeasure.

"Hey Matt." I greeted and he nodded his head in a 'morning' way.

"So, which ones mine?" Rebekah smirked, looking down at the stack of presents.

"Well, I wanted to wait for everyone else so we could open our presents together but it seems no one else wants to." I muttered, rolling my eyes at their impatience.

"Did someone say presents?" Kol said, magically appearing beside me. I placed my hand over my heart as he had literally scared the life out of me.

"Yes. We did. And you're going last at opening yours since you're late." Caroline smiled sweetly whilst scrunching her eyes up at him.

Kol merely rolled his eyes, strolled up to the tree and picked up the first present that had his name on it.

That present being mine.

Oh god... What if he didn't like it? I settled with buying him a flannel shirt with some 'man spray' as I like to call it.

Caroline threw her hands up in defeat and grabbed my hand, pulling me over to the tree.

"Open yours." She instructed and I didn't even bother to argue. Klaus was just gonna have to open his later without us.

He was quiet on the journey home. Like, a worrying quiet.

He didn't look at me once, just drove straight home. Then after that he went out again.

I think it was around 2 in the morning that he finally made it home, the smell of alcohol radiating off him.

He was still asleep when I woke up this morning so I guessed he wouldn't be up until mid-day.

Shrugging my shoulders, I took the first present that was thrust to me by Caroline.

"This is from Mae, she should be here so-"

"Hey guys!" A voice called form the main door of the mansion.