Chapter 7: Spirits Are Bitches

"Caroline!" I shouted as I ran to the front door and started repeatedly banging on it. My heart was racing like crazy as I spun around and checked to see if it was still following me.

"Caroline!" I shouted again, not taking my eyes away from the front path and garden. My hand went to start knocking on the door again but thankfully it opened and I rushed in, slamming the door and locking it behind me, still looking through the glass of the door.

"Violet!" Mae screamed before attacking me with a hug. I would have hugged her back if my eyes weren't fixed on the door.

Lets just say that my little walk home from the mansion turned for the worst as some sort of spirit started to attack me.

I had no idea why though, I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything bad to upset the spirits recently so I was deeply worried about this.

"Violet? Violet!" Mae was clicking her fingers in front of my face an I finally peeled my eyes away from the door and to her.

"Yea?" I said

"You ok? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Y..yea Im good." I sighed, relief finally settling in inside me at the fact that I was home and not alone.

Mae didn't look convinced as she took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom.

It was the same as I had left it apart from the fact that there was an extra person lying casually on the bed.

"Kol?"

"Violet. Nice to see you again." he smiled and Mae winked at me. Wait...

"Did you guys-" I cut myself off as the expressions on their faces gave it away. How the hell did Kol manage to do that so quickly from when I saw him a the mansion.

Well, truth be told I did take a little detour through the woods when the thing was chasing me so I took longer than I should have.

"I don't even wanna know." I muttered, flopped down at the end of the bed over Kol's feet as I was exhausted.

He complained but didn't attempt to push me off or remove his feet from underneath me.

I just wanted to lie on this bed for at least 75 years and cry. Maybe eat as well.

It wasn't until sighed loudly and focused on how I was feeling that I got the recognisable tingle of my powers building up inside me.

I hadn't used my magic for a while now and I needed to use it on something. Another thing that is going to make me more tired than I already am.

"Violet!" Mae shouted and I jumped, pulling my body around so I was lying on my back instead.

"What?" I moaned

"You just ignored me." She stated "I said, whats going on? When you left the competition and disappeared for three days."

"Oh, who won?" I asked, suddenly remembering about the Miss Mystic Falls competition.

"You did actually." She smirked and I paused. I actually won?

"Wait, did?"

"Yea, since you weren't there to pick up the prize it went to Maria Fell who came second at the beginning." She explained and I actually became sad from this.

I could have won... I bet Caroline went mental.

"Why weren't you there anyway?" She asked but I stayed silent.

I didn't want to talk about it since all I could feel inside was an empty feeling in my heart but with a sharp pain at the same time. It was horrible.