Chapter 19: Salvatores

*12 months later*

"It's amazing how fast they've grown!" Caroline exclaimed, her eyes wide as Rian was crawling around on the floor.

Elizabeth on the other hand was clambering up a chair and pushing herself up so she was standing up.

"They're only like one year old, I really don't know how they've grown so much... must be the witch, werewolf, vampire gene." I joked, quickly picking up Eli as she was about to topple over.

"Still, it's crazy." Caroline laughed, swooping Rian up into her arms and tickling his stomach. He made a giggling noise before going into full on laughter which made both of us laugh.

"So, are you coming to the bonfire night?" Caroline asked and I gave her a flat look.

"Really Care? Bonfire? I'm not 12."

"It's fun! Come on, when was the last time you went out and did something fun?" She questioned.

"Um, when I went to the ball at the Lockwoods with you and my babies were stolen." I pointed out and she immediately understood why I didn't want to go.

"You can ask Klaus to stay with them?"

That wasn't a bad idea actually. Klaus had been out a lot recently so it would be good for him to bond with Rian and Elizabeth.

"Ok then. Wait." I paused "Who's gonna be there that I know?"

"Well there's me, Jeremy, Stefan, maybe Damon, maybe Enzo if he turns up one of these days, Elena and Bonnie."

I pulled a face of distaste at the last two names. You would have thought after all this time that we would've sorted things out right?

Nope.

"Well if Stefan's there then that's a bonus." I shrugged my shoulders, bouncing my leg up and down lightly so Elizabeth would jiggle around.

She giggled looked at me with her big blue eyes. Elizabeth seemed to have inherited Klaus's eyes and my hair which was short and blonde.

Rian on the other hand had brown eyes and darker hair, around the same length as his sisters.

"Why is it a bonus that Stefans there?"

"He's me buddy. And in my opinion my preferred Salvatore." I admitted "Damon can be a dick sometimes."

"I think we all have that with the Salvatore's." Caroline said, pulling faces at Rian to make him laugh again.

"Well isn't this charming." A voice called from the doorway. Neither of us flinched as we sensed Klaus was there.

Both the babies however, looked to the doorway and smiled brightly.

Elizabeth made a noise along the lines of "Gggrbl."

I have no idea where she was going with that.

"Are you free tonight?" I asked, lifting Eli off of my lap and placing her on the floor.

Almost instantly she crawled her way to Klaus' feet to where he picked her up.

They looked so cute and I had to stop myself from going 'awww'.

I think Care was having the same thoughts as she watched as Klaus tapped his finger on Eli's nose and made her giggle again.

"Yes I am, why?"

"I need you to look after the kids tonight as Care and I are going out." I smiled sweetly, relaxing back into the arm chair I was sitting in.

"Oh are you now?" He questioned, wondering into the room more and letting Eli hold his finger with her hand.