Chapter 9: Parties With Unfortunate People

"Do you think I'm getting fat?" I called from the bathroom as I flattened out the dress I was wearing.

"Violet, you're only 4 weeks gone. There's not going to be anything showing." Caroline shouted from the other room.

Turns out, Caroline was the complete opposite of how I feared her to be and was thrilled about me pregnant.

Don't know why though, I thought she was going to flip, big time. So happy in fact that she was now staying in the mansion with me.

I was reluctant at first but when she said that she would 'take care' of me, I finally agreed. Klaus had the same feelings as me about it but when Caroline began arguing, there just wasn't any point in Klaus saying anything.

Arguing with Caroline is a lost cause.

So I slept in Klaus' room with Klaus and Caroline was in one of the many spare rooms across the hall. Surprisingly, Rebekah was ok with me now.

We had only told Elijah, Rebekah and Kol about the pregnancy since they would be able to protect me if their mother tried anything.

If anything, I think she was happy. Despite our rather horrible past she decided that we should start fresh for the sake of the baby when it was born.

I say it because I don't know if it is a boy or a girl. I didn't want to know to be honest, its something I always said to myself that if I ever had kids then I didn't want know the gender.

Kol was surprisingly ok too, I mean, he looked rather uncomfortable at first but it sank in to him I guess.

"Well, you never know." I called back to her. I slipped some earrings into my ears and touched up my make up before going back into Caroline's room.

Yes, we were going to a party right now. It wasn't anything special, just Elena's birthday party.

Like I said, nothing special.

No, we still weren't friends. it was the same with Bonnie. You would think they would be alright now? Nope, they were just being childish.

I don't even know why Caroline wants me to go, she knows we hate each other. Though I'm pretty sure Elena doesn't know that I'm coming so she can't exactly complain.

The party had actually already started but I was deliberately stalling so maybe Care would just consider leaving without me.

"Violet if you don't hurry up I swear to god I will destroy your book collection." Caroline threatened and I ran into the room immediately, death glaring her.

"You wouldn't dare." I glowered in a low voice. My eye even twitched a little.

"Good, you're done." She smiled instantly, perking up and jumping off the bed "Now, let's go."

I pulled a face which was the complete opposite if hers as she dragged me down the stairs.

As we passed the lounge, I heard Klaus laughing as he watched Caroline pull me out the door.

"Bye then." I shouted sarcastically, hinting to the fact that he wasn't helping me get out of it.

Soon enough, I was out of the mansion, into Caroline's car, and driving to the Salvatore Boarding house.

"Why am I even coming Caroline?" I moaned "Like give me a serious reason."

"Well- I mean- its a party! You want to have fun right?" She fumbled over her words and I gave her a pointed look.

"Have fun?" I said flatly "The only times that I can have fun at parties is when I can drink." I gestured to my stomach "As you can see, I can't."

"Just, please try and get along with people-"