✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑉✼

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

When you left the infirmary, it didn't take long for you to find Varian. You heard loud noises coming from outside. You looked out of the window to see what the noise was. To your dismay, you saw Varian outside working on a gigantic machine.  You quickly ran downstairs to get outside. Looking up, you saw Varian on a ladder, and squinted your eyes to see that his face was still flushed from being sick. "Ahem" you cleared your voice to get his attention.

"Oh, good morning, Y/n" Varian said as he looked down at you from the ladder. "Hey.. Um, aren't you supposed to be resting. I can tell that you're still sick." You tried not to sound bossy. He cocked one of his eyebrows, "My deadline for this foganator is tomorrow, so I have to take a break on resting."

Varian climbed down the ladder, which led you to be able to have a closer look at his face. There were bags under his eyes, and he was so much paler than usual. You were saddened by the fact that he didn't seem to take care of himself. Without thinking you but your hand on his cheek, and brushed over the bags under his eyes. He looked worse than before he had first gotten sick.

The confused look on Varian's face snapped you out of your daze, and quickly removed your hand from his face. "Sorry, I understand that you-" you were interrupted by a high pitched whistle coming from the machine that Varian had been working on.

"I-Is that supposed to happen?" You asked worriedly. "No, this isn't good" As the whistling got louder steam started to come from Varian's 'Foganator' and about ten of the screws shot out of the machine. One of them was hurdling towards your head, but Varian grabbed you out of the way and pulled under the table that had all of his tools on it, where he was shielding you from the flying screws.

You couldn't breath because on top of all the steam, Varian was holding onto you really tight. You both came from under the table, and Varian helped you up. Neither of you could see much because of all of the steam and fog covering the whole area.

When you were both done coughing, Varian took your hand and led you to the door, so you could go back inside. "Sorry, Y/n, I can't talk right now. A misstep like this will take me a long time to fix, and I have to meet this deadline."

You sighed in defeat, "Ok, see you later then.." It was best to leave him alone, there was no separating Varian from that 'foganator' and you saw how important it was to Varian that he gets the project done on time for Rapunzel.
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

(482 words) I'm back from hibernation. Trying really hard not procrastinate, I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I really want to finish up this story soon. (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞