✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼𝑉✼

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼𝑉
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

"Thanks, Varian, but you don't have to if you're busy." Rapunzel looked at him. "No, no, I'm not busy at all! I just finished my work for today." Varian said. "Well, if you insist, thank you Varian." Rapunzel said as she tried to catch up with Eugene and Stan, who was frantically trying to explain how Pete got his head stuck in a tuba. "So, did you have anywhere you wanted to go in particular?" Varian turned to you. "No, I-" a thought came to you. "Well, I did hear Eugene mention something about a 'snugly duckling', I'm curious to see what it is." You replied. "Oh," Varian scoffed, "Don't let the name fool you." You raised one eyebrow and crossed your arms.

"But, um.. Sure we can stop by there for a while.."

┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈

You and Varian were heading to the Snugly Duckling, you had to take a path through the woods since it was a little bit outside of kingdom. You were trying to step on the leaves that sat on the paths so they would make a crunching sound, but you were disappointed when you stepped on a leaf and it didn't make the sound. Eventually, you sighed and tried to make conversation.

"So, Varian, I heard that you are the royal alchemist."

"I am."

"What's it like? Is it hard?"

"It's not that hard, I enjoy a challenge every once in a while."

"Well, you'll have to show me some of your inventions soon."

"It's a date."

Your face turned as red as a tomato, you tried to to hide the fact that you were blushing by looking down. 'A date?!' You thought. 'No, calm thyself, Y/n, he's just being polite. Your heart was beating so fast that it was hard for you to calm your self. "Y-Yeah, I'm looking forward to it." You said, trying to sound as normal as possible. "Oh, we're here." Varian said as he pointed at a sign with a cute duck on it. Varian held the door for you.

"After you." You walked in expecting to see a cute cafe. But there were a bunch of thuggish looking men aiming darts at a short man with a long beard on a dart board." "Nope." You immediately headed to the door but Varian grabbed your wrist. "We're already here, we should eat." You reluctantly turned around and followed him to a table. "Varian, you finally got a girlfriend." A pub thug commented. "She's not my girlfriend, big nose! She's Rapunzel's cousin. I-I'm just showing her around." "Oh yeah?" 'Big nose' said with a smirk. "Um, Varian?" You say while motioning to your wrist that he's still holding on to. "Oh, sorry!" Varian dropped you wrist. "Leave 'em alone, Big nose." A man with a hook foot appeared. "Eh, I was just messing with him." They both walked away.

"You think your scones are better than mine?!" The man from earlier with full faced mask yelled. "I know they are!" Another pub thug yelled. "Is that Attila..?" You asked Varian. "Oh, how do you know him?" "Well, he gave me a free cupcake when rapunzel and I, oop-" an axe hit the wall just barley missing your head. Then the short man came flying at you. You ducked just in time and the man flew past you and bumped into the wall. You looked up to see all of the pub thugs fighting and throwing the short man around the room. There were mugs and food flying everywhere. Varian grabbed your hand. "Come on, let's get out of here before Shorty isn't the only person they throw!"

You both ran out of the restaurant and started heading for the main part of the kingdom. Varian was still holding your hand but this time you didn't say anything. You didn't want him to let go this time.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

(656 words) What did you guys think about their rowdy Snugly Duckling experience? I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, thanks for reading.

(* ˘⌣˘)◞[_]♡[_]ヽ(•‿• )