✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑋𝐼✼

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼
In the morning, it was cloudier than usual. "Captain, shouldn't we find land before we go any further, it looks like there is about to be a bad storm." A man said.

"Nonsense! No storm has ever stop me, and none ever will." The captain said pridefully. "But cap-"

"Silence! mop the deck!"

"Aye aye, captain.." The man said before worriedly mopping the deck.

"Did you hear that? He said there was going to be a storm." You said to Varian.

"That can't be good.." Varian replied to you.

You both felt Rapunzel's hands on your shoulders, "Don't worry guys, we should trust the captain, he said he can handle it."

"Why don't you guys play a game together to get your mind of the storm?" Rapunzel said before giving you both a chess board.

"Umm.. Do you know how to play this? Because I kind of don't." You asked Varian.

"Of course, I know how to play, I'll teach you."

After thirty minutes of teaching you and doing a practice run, you were finally able to play for real.

"Check mate." Varian said with a proud smile after winning for the third time in a row.

"What? Again? I want a rematch." You kind of pouted.

"Oh, so you want to take on the master again? Fine by me." Varian put the pieces of the chess board where they were supposed to be.

After a few minutes of playing , "It looks like I'm going to win again." Varian teased you.

"Are you sure about that?" You moved your last piece. "Check mate."

Varian's eyes widened as he looked down at the board to see that you actually won. "What was that about you being the "master"?" you were trying to hold back your smile.

Varian groaned, "Beginner's luck."                       

Your small victory moment was interrupted by loud thunder, "Huh?"

The waves were starting to get dangerously big, and you were getting scared. "This does not seem normal at all!" You held on to the table.

"Let's all try to calm d- Woah!" the boat started to tip to the right, and everyone and everything slid down to the right as well. You clung to the closes person for comfort, which was Rapunzel.

"Don't worry!" Yelled Rapunzel, "We're all going to be fi-"

Before Rapunzel could finish her sentenced a huge wave slapped right onto the boat, washing you, Rapunzel, and a few other people straight off of the ship.
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼
(423 words) Thank you all for 10k reads!💕✨