✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼✼

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

You and Varian left the castle together, so he could show you the way to the grand opening of the new library. You noticed that there was an awkward silence. You didn't know when you would have a chance like this again, now that you had to follow Rapunzel around for a while. You had to take advantage of the fact that you both were alone. "Um, Varian." You looked over to him, "Yeah, Y/n?" He said without looking at you, you noticed that he was trying to watch his step so he would trip on any stones. You got distracted when you saw the concentration in his eyes, and you didn't notice that you weren't paying any attention to where you were stepping and you tripped over a stone.

"Y/n, are you alright?!"

"I'm fine, but I have to ask you something."

"Wait, look! You're bleedin-" suddenly, Varian fainted. "Oh my! Varian?" You shook him. "Don't tell me he's afraid of blood." You looked around for help, you weren't even worried about the fact that you might be late the grand opening of the new library. You hoisted him up and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, you struggled a bit because he was surprisingly heavier that he looked. 'Palace is very far behind, I should be able to get him there in less than 10 minutes' People were standing at the sides of the stone road and no one was coming to help. "What is wrong with these people, why is no one helping you?" You asked, not expecting an answer from Varian who was unconscious. Everyone was staring as if Varian had done something wrong.

You got to the palace later that expected, it was already sunset, by then the grand opening of the new library had to be over. "So much for '10 minutes' more like 1 hour.." you muttered. You looked at the palace entrance and noticed it was guarded by Pete and Stan. They both came over to you and Varian. "What happened to him?!" Pete asked in a frantic tone, you pointed to your leg. "Ohh" They said at the same time. "Pete, you should take them to the infirmary, I'll stay here and guard the palace." Stan said as he rubbed his mustache. Pete took Varian from you and motioned for you to follow him.

When you arrived at the palace infirmary Pete placed Varian onto one of the beds. "I'll leave them to you." He said to the doctor, before tilting his helmet and leaving. "I'm Dr. Doofensmizzle, do you mind telling me what happened to you two?", "Well, I fell and scraped my knee." You pointed to Varian, "The blood must have scared him.." you muttered, feeling a little guilty. "There's no need to feel bad, you'd be surprised at how many times he has been to the infirmary for this reason, he should wake up soon." Dr. Doofensmizzle said, causing you to sigh in relief.

Dr. Doofensmizzle wet a cloth and started to clean your scrape. You hissed in pain at the cold water on your knee. "Sorry, this will only take minute." There was a sudden knock at the door, Dr. Doofensmizzle turned her head, "Come in!" A tall man with strange swirly hair cut rushed into the infirmary, "What happened to Varian?! I heard that he was hurt." He said while scanning the room with his eyes. He rand over to Varian checked all over him, realizing he was unscathed. "Not even a scratch, blood again..?" Dr. Doofensmizzle nodded. The man sighed, "What am I going to do with this boy?"

You awkwardly coughed and looked over to the side, they both looked over to you. "Oh, how rude of me, you must be a friend of Varian's. I'm his father, Quirin." He held out his hand for you to shake. You shook his hand and smiled, "I'm Y/n L/n." You said while Dr. Doofensmizzle finished patching up your leg. "You're Queen Rapunzel's cousin?" Quirin bowed, "I'm sorry for my rudeness, Your Highness, I had no idea." You held your hands slightly up, "Woah, you really don't have to call me that, you can just call me Y/n."

"Well, I'd better be on my way, now that I know Varian is fine." Quirin said as he began to walk out of the door and closed it.
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼
(743 words) Sorry for the short hiatus! I'm back. I've been getting used to the new school year for the passed few weeks. I'll try to post at least once a week or twice a week.