✼𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼: Part 𝐼✼

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼: 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐼
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼
1 week later, May 12

It was the day of Rapunzel's birthday you carefully placed a small box with a ribbon on it onto your dresser. "I hope Rapunzel likes the gift I made for her." You sat down in the chair in front of your vanity mirror and did your hair carefully. You didn't know if you were more excited to give Rapunzel her gift or to see the lanterns with Varian. You put on the best dress that you had brought with you, and did a small twirl in front of your full body mirror.

You put on your shoes, grabbed the gift off of your dresser, and left. You entered the palace courtyard to see Pascal riding on Zehra's head. "Good morning guys, are you two going to watch the lanterns too?" Pascal made a small chirping sound which you assumed that it meant that they were going to see the lanterns.

'I still have a few hours before I have to meet Varian at the docks, I'll try to find Rapunzel so I can wish her a happy birthday and give her the gift I made for her' you thought. You searched most of the castle until you finally found Rapunzel and Eugene in the hallway. You tapped on Rapunzel's shoulder and she turned around. "Oh, good morning Y/n" Rapunzel said in her usual cheerful tone. "Happy birthday!" You hand her your gift. "Wow, thank you, Y/n. You really didn't have to. I bet it's something really nice, I'll open it now."

Rapunzel opened your present and her eyes sparkled at the sight of  a silver chained necklace connected to a yellow gem. "This is beautiful, what kind of stone is this?" Rapunzel said as Eugene took the necklace from her and put it around her neck. "It's a Yullophian sand stone." Rapunzel's smile widened as she engulfed you into a tight hug. "Thank you, Y/n." Rapunzel stepped back and noticed that she was thinking about something. "Hm?" You tilted your head. "Don't you have plans with a certain someone?" Rapunzel asked.

"Oh, I'm going to have to leave now if I want to make it to the docks on time." You waved goodbye to Rapunzel and Eugene and headed for the gates of the palace so the guards could let you out.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ ••✼

(396 words) Hi readers, I'm going to cut this chapter into two parts, I'll be posting part two tomorrow.