Nine

"And if you die?"

"And if you die?"

"Then make it look good"

____________________

"We fight! We dare! We end this hunger for justice!"

I exchanged looks with Gale who was sitting next to me as we looked back up at the projector. I tried to hold in a cringe as this looks like she's trying to convince three year olds to join our side. It looks so, fake.

"What do we think?" Coin asks. Wow she's asking us for our opinion for once? Shocker.

"Well, that is...certainly interesting," I say as I lean back in my chair. I look at Katniss, and shake my head slightly.

"Bare with me for a second," Haymitch says as he stands up. I purse my lips as I watch him walk over towards the screen at the front of the room. "Lets-everyone think of a time where Katniss has genuinely moved you."

"When she volunteered for her sister," I say.

"Yes," Effie agrees and nods. "Or when she became allies with little Rue."

"What do all of these have in common?" Haymitch asks.

"No one told her what to do," Gale says as he leans on his knees. "She needs to do this on her own."

"So what do we do instead? Send her to Snow's mansion?" I joke with a dangerous smile. Coin stares at me with alarming eyes. I know she doesn't like me. But I don't have a problem with that, I'm used to making more enemies then friends anyway. At least I don't kiss my way up to the top.

"She's right," Katniss says. I scrunch my eyebrows at her.

"No that was a joke," I tell her. Boggs and Gale chuckle.

"She's the only one that would take it literally," Gale says next to me.

"Not to Snow's mansion, but to the front lines," Katniss explains.

"In District Eight," Boggs seems to agree.

"I can't put someone untrained into battle just for effect, this isn't the capital," Coin says and looks at Haymitch.

"So send her in," Haymitch says and points at me. "She's got the look, she's got the skill."

"Send me in to fight?" I repeat slowly.

"This is what you wanted, a fight isn't it?" Plutarch says. Not exactly the fight I was looking for.

"We'll both do it, she'll go as my back up," Katniss says. "I'm not going to stand on the side lines when it's me who they want anyway."

"We can't guarantee either of your safety," Coin says.

"Safety's overrated ," I mutter. Gale chuckled while Coin shifted in her seat. "Look - no one can ever guarantee our safety, we're used to that much by now," I explain. "We've been through enough to be able to take care of ourselves."

"And if you die?"

"Then make it look good."

As I was walking down the hall after our meeting had concluded, I saw Roland talking with Aiden and Charlie. They turned at the sound of our heavy boots clicking against the floor. The dim light from the cafeteria ways away lit up Aiden's eye. I held in a smirk as we made eye contact.

Since Aiden made that comment yesterday, being who I am had to show him that words like that don't sit right with me. Not anymore. I remember Roland ripping me off of Aiden before he could hit me back. There were bruises forming from how hard he had to pry me off of him.

"Nice face," I taunt as we walk past. I see Aiden roll his eyes and stomp back towards the cafeteria. Guess he can't handle he got beat up by a girl.

"You coming to sit with us?" Roland asks.

"No I have things to do," I tell them. "I'll catch up with you later." We turn the corner as we walk a different direction from my little group.

"You didn't do that to him did you?" Katniss asks.

"Of course I did," I say with a chuckle. They both look at me. "You think I'm going to let some stuck up kid from four say something about Peeta and Cato?"

"Even I know that would never happen," Gale says and chuckles. "Aiden's a dick."

"It's too bad his younger brother was forced to grow up with him," I say as Gale pushes open doors. "Charlie's actually very nice."

"I've made you some surprises," Beetee says once we join him. It looked like it was an even bigger training facility. One where you can practice using weapons. "If you wanna be apart of Katniss' propo team then you both may as well look the part." I saw a cross bow laying on the counter in front of Gale, I watched as he held up the dangerous looking bow.

He held it tight and aimed it firmly at the targets sixty feet away. I jumped once I heard the loud explosion that came from it. Katniss looks at Gale in awe, and we watch him put the cross bow back down. This is the first time I've realized it but Katniss seems to be in love with Gale too. But, that didn't surprise me. It didn't make me question her love for Peeta, either. I just know it's unconditional.

You can be in love with more then one person, it's just a matter of who can you live without.

"And, this is for you Katalina," Beetee says as he wheels to the other side. "I know you cant throw them that far but-"

"She can," Katniss says. "She can hit something fifty feet away easily." I look down at the special knives that were sitting on the table. The handles were made out of special black leather, but didn't weigh the knives down at all.

"Beetee, this is great," I tell him. There were six, and this is honestly the most special gift I have ever received. Apart from the necklace Cato had given me. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me just yet," he says. "We haven't gotten them out of there."

"And that's our next step." 

Gale's right.

Cato, we're coming for you.

___________________________

I know this one's a little boring, I'm sorry. Just bare with me. But on the bright side this story's almost at 1k reads and I couldn't be happier, so thank you all. I hope you continue to stick with my story, it'll get much better. There's so much to come.

-Megan