Fifteen

Everything was demolished when I took a good look outside. My eyes slowly looked around the caved in area we were standing in - everything was just rubble. Everything above the underground layers of thirteen was demolished.

"Wow," I whispered as I slowly started to walk down the huge chunks of concrete. I noticed something white on the ground, it almost looked like snow because of how much there was. Katniss noticed too, she followed close behind me to the ground. I was wrong, it wasn't snow, but it was definitely from Snow. They were white roses that had been dropped, as a reminder that Snow is still here willing to fight in this war.

"Who are they for?" Gale asked.

"Me," Katniss says. I look over at her and she had a frightened look on her face.

"Ready to go, Katniss?" Cressida asked. I slowly looked over at her, to see Pollux with a camera held up zooming in on her face. I found myself not liking her either, she was very pushy just to get footage. "Tell Snow thirteen is alive and well."

"He's gonna kill Peeta," Katniss whispered. I looked over at her and we made eye contact. I'm sure we both had the same look on our faces. "Katalina we need to go." I looked back at Cressida as she continues to push.

"Speak up, Katniss we can't hear you."

"I can't do this," She whispered. Tears were starting to form in her eyes. Haymitch walked over to her carefully. "He's punishing Peeta to punish me. And to punish Cato, I-I can't keep putting Katalina through this. I...." Haymitch hugged her tightly.

"You need to cut the cameras Cressida," I tell her. She doesn't listen.

"It's okay," Haymitch cooed.

"We need to go save them. Whether Coin does something or not, are you in?" Katniss asked looking at me. I nod immediately.

"That's not necessary-" Cressida interrupted Boggs.

"Katniss, come on-"

"Don't make her do this!" I snapped. She looked at Haymitch and he waved her off.

"I gotta get out of here, come on," Katniss whispered to me as she started walking up the rocks shakily. She grabbed onto my wrist as I looked back at the crowd of people. "He's punishing them because of me, because I'm the Mockingjay."

"Don't blame yourself too much Katniss," I tell her. She shakes her head, I see Roland up ahead. I hold in my anger as he approaches the two of us.

"Kat can we talk?" I completely ignore him as we walk past him.

"I think I just need to be alone, Kat," Katniss says as she nods to me.

"I understand, but don't beat yourself up because of this. Coin pressured you to do this," I explain.

"I'll meet up with you later, okay?" She called over her shoulder. She held onto the railings as she walked down the hall. I let out a deep sigh as she turns around the corner. I run a stressed out hand through my hair as I'm left by myself once again, trying to figure out if they really are dead.

-

"Kat wake up" Someone said. My eyes darted open and panic set through me. I sat up quickly not knowing where I was. I looked around and when my eyes adjusted I realized I was just in my room. I put my hand over my heart when I saw a full head of long blonde hair.

"Think it's funny to wake someone up like that Haymitch?" I sneered. He sat down on the side of my bed ignoring what I just said. I glanced at the clock that was hanging on my wall, it read 11:38 PM. "Where's Katniss?"