Thirty One

My hands immediately went to the sides of his face out of habit. In this moment I felt like time stood still. I was holding in a breath that I sucked in out of nerves for quite some time, while my body felt stiff too. It was almost like I forgot what it was like to kiss him. He pulled me as close as he could to him, so that my body was pinned against the bed that hovered in the air. Our lips fit together so easily, and the rhythm that started was natural between us.

It was like we did this a thousand times.

Which we did, but he thinks this is the first time. My hands went through his hair, tugging at the ends. I felt him groan into my mouth. Hearing that low growl was like music to my ears, something I haven't heard in at least over a year. It was like I was a drug addict, and his lips were the drug. They make me feel so good, but they're also so bad for me. I should stop this.

"Cato," I said in between breaths. He slowly pulled away and let his forehead rest on mine. His icy blue eyes peered into mine with pure lust. "I need to go."

"Please don't," He whispered. His grip on me remained tight, almost like he was afraid to let go. "I told you I needed you here once. I still do." Sometimes I feel like he says the things that I want to hear so that I'd stay.

"I promised Katniss," I whispered back. Every single part of me wanted to jump into bed with him, and stay - just like he might've actually wanted.

"Please Kat," He begged. I've never heard him beg before. He pulled his forehead away from mine so that I could get a good look at him. His lips were swollen from the intense and passionate moment we just had. "Don't go."

"I have to." I pried his hands off my elbows, as I figured Katniss was probably waiting for me in our meeting spot. "I hope I see you again." Pain flashed through his eyes, as I found it extremely hard to leave him. I stepped backwards, before turning on my heel. Don't cry. Don't show him how weak he makes you.

"Kat," I heard him call from behind me. I turned around to see that he got off the bed, and was quickly walking towards me again. He engulfed me in a tight hug to my surprise. My arms hesitantly wrapped around his abdomen.

I felt him slowly release me, and he bent down to kiss me again. I stopped him right before his pink plump lips touched mine.

"Please don't make this harder then it needs to be," I whispered. My lips brushed his as I said this. I shouldn't kiss him again, it would make me fall back under his spell.

"I promise I'll find you again," He whispered back. He touched the side of my face, his warm hand feeling good against my skin. "Just like you found me." He was talking about the time I found him in the first games. I nodded and started to pick at my nails.

"Goodbye Cato," I told him. I slid open the door to see Terra just about to knock. She looked at me, before looking back at him. She looked extremely confused. I glanced over my shoulder at him with a smirk. "Thanks for letting me stay the night."

I don't like to lie - but god damn did that feel good.

I walked back towards the elevator thoughts of Cato and I kissing remained in my head. It brought me back to the first time I ever met Cato.

"Okay tiny one - you're up!" Enobaria shouted. Everyone turned back to look at me, and I felt something hard slide down my throat as I swallowed nervously. I felt someone touch my arm reassuringly, I looked up to see Roland and he gave me a nod. I knew he was telling me that I could do this. I looked over at the girl I had to face, she was a lot older then me. Eighteen maybe. It was an unfair fight. But this is how they train you.

"Scared?" The girl teased.

"No," I grumbled out. I was - if you surrendered you were on clean up duty. The only other way to stop the fight was to get completely knocked out. I stood on the blue mat, within the white circle where we were supposed to stand.