Twenty One

The door slammed shut behind me, which caused the pair to break from their kiss.

Cato looked up - making eye contact with me. I really was expecting myself to cry, or at least have tears in my eyes. But I didn't, I gave him a stone cold look. I could see Terra smirking at me out of the corner of my eye, but I chose to ignore her behavior.

I had expected any sort of emotion to come from him, guilt, regret, sadness. But I saw nothing. He remained lying on the bed emotionless, just staring at me. And it hurt.

"Didn't he tell you to leave?" Terra snapped out. My tongue clicked on my teeth in anger as my eyes darted away from Cato. I stared at her, my eyes never leaving hers. I felt like steam was coming out of my ears from the hatred I had towards this girl.

"You're a slimy little bitch Terra, you know that?" I snapped back at her. She scoffed as if me calling her this was absurd. "You know the pain I went through when he was gone, yet you're still here taking advantage of this situation. He's not yours to kiss!" She rolled her eyes. He's not hers period.

"I wouldn't have known about this. But he had requested me to come down here," She said matter-of-factly.

"Don't try to blame the boy who has short term memory loss for your own actions," I snapped. "It's not like he controls you. You can tell him no."

"That's the thing, I don't want to. This is a second chance for us." God dammit I hate this bitch. She see's the damage of his brain as an opportunity to take advantage of the time that they lost. While he's vulnerable for the first time ever, she's going to try to take him back. "Don't forget that you took him from me first, and now I'm taking him back."

"I didn't take him from you, he broke up with you. There's a difference. What you're doing now is taking him from me." She narrowed her eyes at me. "When his memories of us come back, he'll look at you with the same disgust of when he rejected you back in the winter." She shifted in her spot, eyes leaving mine for the first time.

"We'll see about that won't we. Wasn't I just the one that had kissed him?" She asked. Oh so she admits it, she was the one to kiss him. "From there, it just goes up."

"You're lucky I don't smash your face in for kissing my boyfriend," I told her. Cato chuckled - I don't know why though. Wouldn't he be protecting her?

"Look, Cato wants me here. He would've told me to leave, like he told you, if he didn't want me to be here," She said flatly.

"That's not entirely true," Cato spoke up finally. "I do want Kat here, but I'm trying to hear both of you out." My heart fluttered as he had said that he wanted me here. "It's just not her time to be heard yet."

"I left my jacket here," I told the two of them as I grab it from the chair. "That's why I came back." Terra was quiet as she stood next to his bed now, I'm happy that Cato stepped in to defend me. Maybe there's some part of him that remembers me. Maybe the old Cato is trying to crawl out of him from deep inside.

"I'll send my Dad after you when we're done talking here, okay?" Cato asked. I nodded as I held my jacket in my hands. My dark blue eyes found Terra's green ones and I glared at her.

"Don't kiss him again," I warned Terra. "Or I will bash your face in." She swallowed hard as I walked out after this. I see Charlie talking with Finnick and Annie, and I walk over to them. Charlie smiles as he notices me and hugs me tightly. I couldn't help but smile back even in a moment like this. His smiles were so contagious.

"I missed you," He told me as he motioned for me to sit down next to him on one of the empty beds. Finnick picks his head up as he hears this, and then looks at me. "How's that full head of yours?" I smiled.