twenty - bad news

Romeo's pov

It's been over a month of searching for answers. We have followed all leads. We have questioned everyone in Stormi's past.

Teachers, foster parents, foster kids, even the detectives on her case.

Stormi didn't know her parents names since she only called them mom and dad, making this search for them incredibly hard.

Kaden has been putting more and more pressure on us especially since two more of his warehouses have gotten broke into.

Stormi moved in after several days of convincing her.

I'm happy she is here. Kaden isn't so rude and all about work. I just hope he isn't forgetting his priorities but when something happens, he's right there to handle it.

As I walked up the stairs to Stormi's childhood home, I search absolutely everywhere for things that might be important.

I watch Kaden take off his sun glasses before signaling us in.

Her childhood home has been abandoned ever since her parents disappearance.

The house is still intact with all the furniture and belongings.

I notice the picture frames on the wall are empty but they are still hung up.

Really odd.

"I want this house torn apart. But, do it casually. I don't want to miss anything. And hurry up, I have a six o'clock dinner with my mom and Stormi." Kaden demands heading upstairs.

Today is the first day that Stormi is going to see Mrs.Hernandez since she left.

We came back to their home state so we could search her house for clues and so they could see his parents.

I follow Kaden upstairs and we go into Stormi's childhood bedroom.

Kaden smiles when he sees baby pictures of her on the wall with all of her dolls. We starting tearing her room apart and find nothing.

"Grab her pictures while I search the parents room." Kaden says through his teeth.

I nod and grab the five picture of her that's hanging on the wall.

The fifth one I'm shocked when I see a white paper fall out of the frame. I pick it up and open it.

My dearest daughter, if you see this please know that your dad and I love you with all of our hearts. I know nothing makes sense but I promise it will eventually. Your dad and I will do absolutely anything to protect you Storm. We love you! Do you remember when you was a little girl and we'd yell hide and you would hide in that special spot until I came and got you? If so, go there and you'll understand more! I love you with all of my heart Stormi. Stay safe.

"Kaden!" I yelled walking out of her room.

I handed him the note and watched as his face grew emotionless as he read it. He pulled out his phone and dialed Stormi.

"Hey baby. Quick question, when you was a little girl, where would you hide out in your house? Favorite hide and go seek spot."