four - past lives

Stormi's POV.

My heart races as I stare into his sapphire blue eyes that seem so familiar but yet, so strange. Brief images of him younger showers my mind with blissful memories that I can only remember in tiny clips at a time.

He's cute.

A little over dressed for Walmart though.

"I can't believe I finally found you." He says wrapping his arms around me, pulling me against his sculpted body. I hesitate but wrap my arms around his waist and lay my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. His cologne is strong but smells amazing. Versace.

I pull away and smile. "How have you been?" I ask as I start stocking the items onto the shelf.

He smiles showing off his beautiful smile. "Better than most. How are you?" He raises an eye brow.

"I can't complain."

My eyes turn to the man approaching us. The same man from last night. "It was your event last night?"

Kaden looks over at me as does the other man. "Yes, it was."

He gives me a brief nod before turning to Kaden. "Sir, it's very important. Please come quickly."

Kaden nods before turning to me. "We should get dinner sometime and catch up. Let me get your phone and I'll add my number into it."

I nod and grab my phone out of my back pocket and hand it to him.

He smiles and I watch as he types his number in.

He gives me a quick hug. "It's so nice to see you again."

"You too!" I say waving as he walks away in a hurry.

He takes a few more glances at me, giving me his famous smile before walking around the corner and leaving.

I stare down at my phone and stare at his number. He called himself so he has mine now.

I put my phone away and sigh as I see the cartful of groceries Kaden left behind. Great, just great.

*
**
***
**
*

Monday morning. My first day off. It's been three days since I saw Kaden. If it wasn't for working two jobs, I would of called him before hand. But as I stare at my phone, I second guess myself whether to call him or not. He hasn't tried to call me.

I clean and walk around my house. I cook and shower. I shave my entire body before rewashing my body and hair, multiple times trying to pass time.

But, here I am again. Sitting at my desk and staring down at my phone some more.

"Fuck it." I whisper as I click his name and press dial. "Shit!" I panic and hangup after the first ring.

I jump when my phone rings and I see Kadens name pop up.

I take a few heavy deep breaths before I press the green button.