forty two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 !

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

     Nova didn't know how she ended up with blue dye in her hair. It all seemed like a blur—deciding to do it was impulsive. It came to her while scrolling through her explore page on Instagram. And she thought, hell, why not, I need a change and so she ran to the store and picked up the dye. 

     Of course, to assist her was Corpse, just like when she dyed her hair purple. Maybe I should call him my hairdresser, Nova thought as she waited for her timer to go off. Then, a familiar ringing cut through the air, signaling that it was time to rinse the dye out. 

     The two rushed to the bathroom and immediately got to work rinsing the blue dye from Nova's hair. And, after working for a couple minutes to wrap her now-blue hair in a towel on top of her head, Nova lifted her chin to see Corpse staring at her. The scene brought nostalgia to Nova as it was reminiscent of when she had dyed her hair with Corpse a couple months ago. But it seemed like forever ago now. So much had happened.

     "What?" Nova asked with a smile, causing her eyes to crinkle at the corners. She could feel a couple droplets of water fall down her face and back. She shivered a bit as the water crawled down her body under her clothes. The coldness contrasted with the warmth of their apartment.

     "You're so beautiful," Corpse expressed, pecking her lips quickly but not moving his face far away from hers. Nova could feel his breath on her cheeks, making them go crimson. "I love you."

     Not even taking a second to think about what he said, Nova said, "I love you too." Even though she hadn't thought much about it, she knew deep down she did love Corpse. She always would.

     Corpse smiled with glee, seemingly ecstatic with her profession of love in response to his. Nova had to admit, it would be extremely awkward if she said nothing in return. But she knew he would be okay with anything she said. So, Nova smiled, content with the fact that someone loved her unconditionally.