seven

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 !

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

     As Nova laid in her comfy queen-sized bed, she scrolled through her comments on the photo she had just posted on Instagram. She always perused through the section, but this time it was different. Nova found more questions than usual, and a bit more hateful words, but being in the "public eye" for a while hardened your tolerance for hostility from random people. However, the questions gave her an urge she's never felt before. So, she impulsively started a livestream on Instagram.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

novacaine started a live video.

     Nova sat up in her bed as she watched the count of viewers slowly rise

     Nova sat up in her bed as she watched the count of viewers slowly rise. She smiled upon seeing the first comment, which said 'you're so beautiful.' Then, the comments poured in. Nova turned her eyes away from the chat to concentrate on what she was saying.

     "Hi, guys," Nova started out. Her brown eyes darted back to the comments, seeing an overwhelming amount of greetings. "I've been getting a lot of questions from you guys so I decided to go live to answer them!" 

     Upon her request, tons of questions were sent in. Nova's eyes caught one that showed up often. She read one person's specific comment aloud, "'How do you know Corpse?'" Nova nodded, thinking over her words before they spewed from her lips. She smiled upon thinking back on the memory. "It's actually a funny story. So, some of you guys saw my post asking for Among Us codes. I entered a lobby and was greeted by some of my followers. Then, Corpse came into the lobby and everyone freaked out about it. And so... yeah!"

     After answering the question, Nova looked back at the comments. "'What's your zodiac sign?' Oh, I love astrology! My sun sign is Aries."

     Following her reveal, lots of comments pointed out out the compatability between Aries and Leo. Nova was confused, and so she asked, "Why are you guys saying that?"

     Someone answered, 'Corpse is a Leo.'

     Nova unconsciously slightly smiled, but continued on to look for other questions. Instead of a question, she found a interesting statement. "'You were so awkward when you first joined Corpse's stream.'" Nova pondered for a moment, and once coming to a decision, let out a sigh. "Okay, guys, I'm gonna talk about mental health for a second, so if you're sensitive please be warned."

     Nova waited a few seconds for people to make their decision whether to stay or go, and while waiting she looked at the comments again. One in particular caught her eye, which said 'ilysm Nova.' Her heart warmed and she felt a surge of confidence to open up about her struggles. "So, I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was fairly young. And it literally affects every part of my daily life. I moved from my small hometown in Southern California to Irvine a couple months ago and I lost contact with all of my old friends. And like, making new friends is extremely difficult for me because of my social anxiety. So I just live alone, no roommate, and no friends. It gets extremely lonely. But, yeah, that's why I was a bit awkward." 

     After her rant, Nova glanced at the comments pouring in. All of them showed their support for the dark-haired girl. A few seconds went by of silence as Nova took in all of the love being sent her way. Nova smiled. "Thank you guys so much for all of the love. You're amazing."

     Trying to move on to another topic, Nova read out another question, "'What's your favorite color?' Pink, duh!"

     Following the answer of the question, Nova felt dryness in her throat. She took her eyes off of her phone screen, looking for the cup on water she always kept on her nightstand. Nova spotted it and reached over her phone to grab it. Bringing the cup to her lips, she took a sip of the cool liquid. Nova kept the glass cup in her hand as she brought her attention back on the live. 

     "'Do you like Corpse?' Yeah! He's extremely nice," Nova answered. 

     As if on cue, Nova received a message from the mentioned man. She squinted her eyes to read the banner at the top of her phone's screen. 

     Hey, I'm watching your live. Can you give me your number so we can talk?

     Nova's eyes widened a bit, worried about what he had to say. Was he mad at her? Did she say something wrong? The questions chewed her up inside, and as much as she wanted to give her followers answers to their questions, she also wanted to make sure everything was okay. So, Nova said, "I gotta go now, guys. Bye!" She ended the livestream.