two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 !

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

     After posting on Instagram, Nova scrolled through the comments as she made her way to her small desk, which housed her desktop computer. Although she wasn't a hardcore gamer, as she's been told online by many misogynistic men, she enjoyed playing Minecraft and other primarily peaceful games on the middle-of-the-road PC. However, Nova wasn't on a mission to play that popular game. Instead, she had her sights set on Among Us, which had recently blown up. Nova had engaged in many rounds of it before; enough that she would consider herself to be an adept player. But the dark-haired girl hadn't played in many lobbies with skilled players as she only played on public servers. 

   Damn, I wish I had friends to play with, Nova thought. She sat in her plush office chair and wheeled herself forward. She pressed the power button. While waiting for the desktop to boot up, Nova continued her comment-section browse. She liked a couple of comments complimenting her appearance in the photo until her screen lit up. Nova entered her password into the box on the screen. After waiting a couple seconds for her computer to load fully, Nova double clicked on the Steam icon on her desktop and opened Among Us. 

     Nova kept her display name, novacaine, and typed in one of the codes her followers commented. However, an error message popped up: The game you tried to join is full. Check with the host to see if you can join next round. So, she tried the next code, which was STMQLQ, and her little pink astronaut jumped off of one of the seats. Nova's eyes darted across her screen, taking in the other seven players that were already connected to the lobby. Then, a notification dot appeared over the chat button. Nova clicked on it. Omggg is that really Nova?!?  the message said.

     Nova smiled to herself and giggled a bit. She typed: yea ;)

     As a few of the players freaked out and the others asked who she was, two others joined the game. One was cyan with the name Impasta and the other was black with horns and the title of Corpse. Nova turned her attention back on the game chat, which seemed to blow up. At first she thought the conversation pertained to her prescence, but as she read she found out that eight of the ten players, excluding Nova and Corpse, were asking if the newcomer was real. Nova furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what was happening; she hadn't ever heard of someone by that name. So, she typed: who the hell is corpse??

     After her message, the chat blew up. 

     How do you not know who Corpse is? One player asked. 

     One of the more helpful responses stated He's a content creator on YouTube that streams Among Us. 

     Another comment said Probably not the real one, tho. 

     Others agreed as the ten second countdown to the start of the game began. 

     With two seconds to spare, Corpse said I'm real in chat. However, before any player in the lobby was able to respond, the game started. The word crewmate appeared on her screen, so Nova sighed in relief. She didn't want to start out her bout of games with a role that was pretty difficult. 

     As soon as Nova was able to control her character's movements, she did so to her first task, which was to download data from the cafeteria. She carefully watched around the still-visible part of her screen for any possible impostor that might try to kill her as she was completing her task. Luckily, after a few seconds of waiting, she completed her task with no threat. Nova controlled her character to walk down to admin, where she would upload data. However, before she could reach the location of her second task, a body was reported.