𝖘even

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

THERE WAS THIS TREE. It wasn't anything special, well it was but not to just anyone. This tree had only been at Hogwarts for a short amount of time compared to the others. It sat right on the edge of the black lake and if you looked close enough you could see all of the intricate markings from the bark.

The tree wasn't big but it wasn't small either, it was the perfect spot for someone to relax and not think about the worries of the world.

But that isn't what Loralie used it for.

In her first year at Hogwarts Lora found this tree and immediately took a liking to it, she even went so far as to carve her initials into it, which resulted in a lecture from Alice about how plants have feelings too.

During her first three years she would sneak out after curfew and come to this tree. At these times Lora would sit by herself and cry. She hated doing it, Merlin she hated it. But after the first couple times it just became habit.

She would usually go down to this tree the first few nights she got back to Hogwarts after summer and Christmas. And she would go down to the tree when it was getting close to having to go home. She would go after she had a fight with Colleen in her third year, and when she just needed to be alone.

This tree was a safe space for her.

It started to become more popular in the end of first year, gaining one more visitor who never revealed themself. This person wasn't going for themself, they really just wanted to be there for the young blonde girl who seemed to be there often.

They didn't ever actually comfort her, no, they wanted to be there for the girl but never picked up the courage to say anything, if she wanted to talk they knew she would go to them.

That was why, for the first time in two years, it was weird for Loralie Peverell to be accompanied to the tree she loved.

This was one of the weird occasions where the blonde would go to the tree to do nothing other than watch the lake and think back on all of the good times she has had.

She was mid thought, the memory of the time the boys tried to get into the girls common room by throwing Peter up the stairs, resulting in the boy going to the hospital wing with a broken arm and a concussion playing on loop in her mind, when she heard a branch snap, "hello?"