𝖙hirteen

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

"WHO ARE YOU GOING TO SLUGHORN'S party with, Lora?" Lily asked the Peverell girl, sitting in the empty space across from her.

"Amos Diggory actually asked me to go with him," Lora said, buttering her toast and taking a bite.

"You said no right?" Sirius asked, looking down at her. Lora shook her head 'no' in response. Sirius frowned and unwrapped his arm from around her shoulders, "I thought I was going with you?"

Lora looked over at him, "I didn't think you would want to go," she told him.

"You're right, I don't," he said, quickly finishing his breakfast, "see you in class," he mumbled, getting up from the table and leaving the great hall.

"What's up with Sirius?" Marlene asked as she sat down with the girls.

"I don't know, probably just that time of the month," Lora shrugged off, continuing to eat her toast.

Lily stayed quiet.

She may not be as close to Sirius as Lora was, but the Evans and the Black had had a few conversations, mostly on the nights Lily couldn't sleep because Lora was working on assignments, not that she minded.

Lily would go down into the common room and see Sirius sketching on the couch while Remus laid across the chair reading a book and pointing out little details Sirius had missed or messed up on, followed by a quiet string of profanities from Sirius.

On those nights Lily would talk with the two boys, very recently Remus talking about Rebecca while the others listened, but occasionally Remus would say something about his girlfriend and Sirius would go into a rant about Loralie.

About how beautiful she is, or how he needs to ask her to help him with charms, or how he just wanted to hold her in his arms in that moment.

Sirius may not have realized it yet, but Lily had.

Lily noticed the smile he always had on his face when he talked about her. How his eyes lit up whenever she was around him. How he was always wanting her to be with him.

Same goes for the blonde. Lora may not have realized it yet, but Lily had.

Lily saw the way she would always find a way to search for him. How she would laugh at everything he said. How even when she tried to get out of his hold and he wouldn't let her, she was completely fine with it.