𝖟ero

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ

☾ ° . • ° . • ° .

IN THE CALM OF DAY, four boys ran through the halls. They had no idea where they were going, they just knew they had to find her, she would get them out of this. She always did.

She wasn't in the library where they originally thought. They knew she wouldn't be in the common room nor her dorm as she claimed it was never light enough to read and she always stayed out of her dorm in case a situation like this ever occurred.

They had glanced through the Great Hall, not finding her there either, which was expected. The only other logical place to find her was at the tree. The tree she had carved her initials into her very first day of her first year.

That was where they found her. Sitting in the shade, her legs crossed at her ankles, a book in hand, and facing the Black Lake. With her back resting against the trunk of the tree facing away from the school, she hadn't seen the four troublesome boys running towards her. And it wasn't until the ring leader of the four practically jumped on her did she even acknowledge their presence.

"James Fleamont Potter what the bloody hell are you doing!" The girl asked the boy who had barreled into her, knocking her book out of hand and losing her page.

"Hello to you too, dear cousin," James greeted his favorite cousin with a wide smile. The girl currently glaring daggers at him.

The girl turned her head to look at the other three boys in the group, having looked at her cousin for far to long, "hello boys," she greeted them, plastering a sickeningly sweet smile on her face.

"Hello Loralie," the boys all chorused, looking at the girl uneasily upon seeing her obviously fake smile.

"What can I do for you lot?" Loralie asked the group of Gryffindors she had thought the world of.

"We need your help Lora," Remus told the golden haired girl, earning a look to continue from her.

"We did something," Sirius started making Remus clear his throat in protest, "okay, we," Sirius continued, gesturing to himself, James, and Peter, "did something and now Filch is after us."

"Filthy squib," Loralie mumbled in disgust, watching as he ran across the grass toward the group of now five, his kitten Mrs. Norris held tight in his arms, "just stay behind me, I'll deal with it," she told the boys.

"You four-" Filch started to say as he approached the group, his signature frown on his face. Before he could finish his sentence, most likely ending with the boys getting detention, Loralie cut in.

"I don't think it would treat you well to finish that sentence," she commented, crossing her arm over her chest in hopes to look more intimidating, "in fact, I believe you should walk away and forget whatever mess you assume these four boys have made."

"These four boys-"

"Have done absolutely nothing wrong," Loralie stated, taking a step closer to the Hogwarts caretaker, "isn't that right boys?" She asked the four, turning her head to look and send a wink to the group. They all quickly nodded their heads in agreement, "now, unless you want me telling the headmaster about you snooping around the common rooms, I suggest you leave," Loralie told the older man, a small but still bitter sweet smile tugging at her lips.

Argus Filch nodded at her, slightly terrified of her warning. It was empty, the threat, but he didn't have to know that, just as long as it got the point across. The care taker then left the group of tightly knit friends, the group breaking out into laughs once he was far enough away, "was he really in the common rooms?" Peter asked the girl unconvinced of her empty threat.

"I guess," she told him, laughing more and more as the seconds ticked by.

And that is where our story begins.
With a group of friends who had all somehow met in their first year at Hogwarts.

A group of friends who had always left chaos in their wake.

A group of friends who, yet all different, were still all the same.