𝟽

your eyes slowly flutter open

     your eyes slowly flutter open. the sunlight that peaked in the room blinded your eyes, causing you to immediately shut up. you slowly open your eyes again, adjusting to the light.

an arm was wrapped around your lower stomach, while a head was laying against your chest. little snores came to your ears, making you look down with a smile on your face.

kenma was cuddled up on your side again. you could feel his small breaths hit the side of your neck, causing you to slightly shiver. your hands feel the roots of his hair, examining it. it was dark brown. you wondered if he has was previously dark brown, but that thought escaped when you heard a groan.

the warmth that you had felt seconds before escaped you as he pulls away and leans on his hands.

"i'm sorry. i did it again." his groggy voice apologizes for the second time. you nod your head, too tired to respond. you didn't remember how you fell asleep last night, but you do remember that you both began to get to know each other little by little.

it wasn't a lot, but it was a start and you were okay with that.

you sit up as well, stretching. you slowly walk to the bathroom, yawning on the way.

kenma picks up his phone, seeing a few messages from kuroo.

𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚘:

𝚢𝚘!
𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚖𝚊?
𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚏/𝚗?
𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜 ;)

kenma groaned, typing back to kuroo's desperate messages. he wasn't sure why was so invested in the two of you. it wasn't like you two were in a relationship, so why did it seem that way to kuroo?

𝚝𝚘: 𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚘
𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚖𝚊

𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚞𝚙. 𝚠𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘.

even though kenma visibly doubted kuro's attempt to make something out of nothing, kenma felt a little flustered. they most definitely didn't do nothing, but a part of him wished that they had done something.

getting to know her really made them closer, and he loved that, but maybe deep down he had wished that something more had happened.

however, he wasn't going to complain. he was content with what he got at first, and he will always be content. as long as she was happy as well.

she walks back in. she could see kenma slouching on the side of the bed, phone in hand. he had a puzzled look on his face, causing you to softly laugh.

"you look concentrated." he flinches, looking up at her. he softly nods, looking back at his phone before shutting it.

"yeah- if you wanna call it that- are you hungry?" he tried changing the subject. she didn't necessarily know what the subject was, but he didn't want her to know anyways.

her eyes light up. she hadn't realized it until now but she was super hungry, so she automatically nods.

she allows him to lead the way since she wasn't too familiar with his place.

he jogs down the stairs and spins around, walking into the kitchen. she follows, seeing a man and a women scrambling in the kitchen.

"good morning kid. i gotta get to work i'll see you later." the man ruffs the pudding heads hair. he scrunches up, quietly scolding him.

his mother was preparing food. you felt a bit weird since the man had already passed by without a single word and you weren't sure if the mother knew you were there. kenma saw that you were stuck in place, so he grabs your wrist, bringing you closer to the older lady.

she turns around with a soft smile, but her smile got bigger as she saw you in his grasp. she turns around with a pan in her hand. you smile, accepting her inaudible offer.

you two were finally at the table. it was only the three of you eating with a comfortable silence accompanying them.

"so, kenma finally found a girlfriend i see." you choke on your food. kenma scolds his mom and she apologizes with a slight giggle.

"no no it's okay." you softly smile. "were not dating." he nods along with her. her mother laughs, understanding and you all three go back to finishing your meal.

once you had finished, you thank his mother and offered to help, but she happily declined your offer. you head back upstairs as soon as kenma was finished as well. the two of you continued to play video games for a bit longer, until you decided to go home.

"wanna walk me out?" he nods and follows you. you both stand at each end of the door frame. you were outside and he was inside.

he grabs your waist with one hand, while holding your wrist with the other, giving you a warming hug. you smile, hugging him back. you two begin to rock back and forth and eventually, the hug ended.

"you know- yesterday was really fun." you hands meet behind your back, slightly fidgeting.

"yeah- i liked it." he softly smiles, causing you to smile as well.

you finally walk out, leaving him thinking hard.

©KUROSH1MA